We are looking for a Tax Manager for Property Tax compliance and consulting within the RSM State and Local Tax (SALT) practice. The ideal candidate for this role should have technical expertise in all aspects of property tax from compliance to consulting. In your important role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Provide timely, high quality excellent client service to multi-state companies with state and local tax issues by interacting with clients and the RSM tax team
- Prepare and/or review personal property tax compliance returns
- Provide personal property tax consulting reviews, abatements and appeals
- Have excellent project management and multi-tasking skills
- Provide appropriate and timely performance feedback to those supervised
- Identify opportunities to cross-sell various SALT services
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or closely related field from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 5 years of experience providing property tax compliance and consulting services in a Public Accounting, Consulting, or Law firm
- CPA, Masters of Accounting, MBA, CMI, or LLM in Taxation
- Strong analytical, problem solving, detail oriented and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work closely with clients to answer questions or to collect necessary information for tax service requirements
- Ability to research tax issues, prepare and present cases to state and local taxing jurisdictions
- Must be motivated, self-starter and results driven
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- In depth knowledge of personal and real property tax laws, regulations and filings
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Property Tax Software experience (e.g., PTMS, et al)
- Diverse background of both property tax consulting and tax compliance activity
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.