TRC Companies, Inc.,a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960s, is a national engineering consulting and construction management firm that provides integrated services to the power, environmental, infrastructure, and oil and gas markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in government and industry, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation.
The TRCAustin, TXoffice is seeking a talented and motivated entry-level Geologist or other related Geoscientistfor full time employment in Austin, Texas. Broad based duties may include the following:
* Environmental site assessments;
* Data interpretation and presentation, including tables and figures to illustrate data;
* Conduct field work, including the coordination and oversight of survey, excavation, driller, and construction subcontractors;
* Lithologic interpretation of soils collected during soil boring and/or monitoring well installation;
* Sampling of groundwater, soil, surface water, stormwater, and soil gas;
* Hydrogeologic interpretation of field data collected from soil borings, excavations, trenches, and monitor wells;
* Preparation of permits;
* Review and interpretation of environmental regulations and guidance;
* Technical report and proposal preparation; and
* Cost estimating and budget management.
* Bachelor's degree or higher in the Geosciences.
* Up to two years of experience in environmental consulting.
* Excellent verbal communication skills to allow for interaction with clients, vendors, and subcontractors.
* Strong technical writing skills and ability to prepare technical reports.
* Ability to integrate and contribute in multiple roles in team situations.
* Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
* Must possess high safety awareness and be willing to adhere to all aspects of TRC's rigorous behavior-based health and safety programs.
* Field work and travel, as well as early start times and occasional night or weekend work.
* Valid driver's license.
* Geoscientist-in-Training (GIT) and 40-hour HAZWOPER certifications are desirable but not required.
Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test and a company physical exam (indicating that there will be no restrictions for field activities or use of a half-face respirator).
TRC offers advancement potential and a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401k plan with a company match. For more information please visit our website at https://www.trccompanies.com.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled