This opening is for a legal professional who will assist the Mainline legal team in providing legal support to all segments of the company's business operations from Mainline's Tallahassee headquarters office.
Education and/or Experience
A bachelor's degree and a minimum of one (1) year of legal education required; preference will be given to law students in their second or third year at an accredited law school within the continental United States. A strong interest in contracts and corporate law and an undergraduate degree focused in business from an accredited university are preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong academic record
- Interest in contracts and corporate law
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills, both written and oral
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Able to work well within a fast-paced organization
- Ability to accomplish multiple tasks and research projects efficiently and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and act on individual initiative
- Must be available to work at corporate headquarters in Tallahassee during the term of the internship
- Responsible, reliable and punctual
- Pleasant and professional demeanor: ability to interact directly with executives, customers and partners
- Basic clerical and computer skills
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the legal team in supporting all legal requirements of the organization
- Review, analyze, redline, and draft various types of commercial sales, professional services, software, and product vendor contracts as well as analysis of legal requirements of competitive solicitations
- Manage contract execution and disbursement
- Compiling legal risk assessments regarding the above-mentioned agreements
- Perform legal research for a wide variety of legal issues
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of corporate governance documents including board materials, resolutions, by-laws, operating agreements, and articles of incorporation
- Participate in employment policy matters
- Maintain and update the legal team's contract template database and nonstandard contracts table
- Assist in investigation of legal disputes and provide suggestions for resolution
- Perform legal research as needed
- Complete special projects as assigned
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
- Physical environmental factors of this position include those found in typical business office environment or home office environment.
- Requires use of general office equipment and personal computer equipment.
- Ability to travel. Various means of travel may be required, including auto and air travel. This position requires travel: Rarely
- May be required to work irregular schedules including but not limited to as applicable: Nights, weekends, holidays, on-call, and/or overtime.