Under the direction of the Director of Leasing and Marketing, the Leasing and Marketing Specialist will be responsible for the implementation of day-to-day advertisement platforms for new and operational communities to maintain as well as furthering customer service and resident satisfactions initiatives. The Leasing & Marketing Specialist will also be responsible for the creative process used to develop campaigns that highlight each new community's unique marketing intentions and establishing preferred national advertising vendors while creating a portfolio-wide media plan.
- Assist with the implementation of new community websites for all communities and provide support for community staff upon completion.
- Work closely with onsite team members to ensure media channels are producing the desired results for our communities.
- Identify occupancy trends to assist the Portfolio Operations Managers in improving leasing and retention to meet TCB occupancy goals.
- Research and recommend new media opportunities that target the desired results for our communities.
- Track and compile Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plans and ensure communities are within compliance.
- Aid sites with ad hoc advertising requests.
- Assemble new market research including: market surveys and neighborhood analysis for new business.
- Draft and train to Leasing and Marketing Plans for new properties in lease up.
- Assist with lead management on new lease ups (may require travel to sites during lease up).
- Assist with staff training on Leasing, Marketing and Customer Service SOPs.
- Assist with Reputation Management Program and other customer service initiatives.
- Ensure all advertisement and property communication meets TCB and property branding standards.
- Assist with management digital photography for each community and create new literature for new collateral, signage and advertisements.
- Assist with the development community branding guides and other branding initiatives.
- Manage and enhance community lead generation through audits/enhancements of internet listing advertisements.
- Assist with employee and resident satisfaction surveys, as well as managing online reputation management (via social media listings) for all communities.
- Troubleshoot Rent Cafe issues as they arise.
- Prepare reports related to occupancy and leasing/traffic analytics.
- Assists with the coordination, preparation and logistics for companywide and property management leasing and marketing trainings.
- Travel required upwards of 70% (may be asked to travel anywhere from 1 week at a time to a potential of a few months to properties in lease up or needing assistance).
- Other duties that arise may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated skills in using the internet for marketing & product advertising, and proficiency in navigating advertising and internet communication such as email, Craigslist, Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, YouTube and other internet tools.
- Experience with Rent Cafe Site Manager is required.
- Experience with Canva is preferred.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is preferred.
- Experience with SEO and Google Adwords/Analytics is required.
- Experience with Yardi Voyager is required.
- Strong verbal and excellent written communication skills required.
- Strong understanding of new technologies and how they can be applied to marketing for the purpose of optimizing the exposure of our communities.
- Knowledge and experience with online advertisement and website development preferred.
- Prior knowledge and experience in affordable housing a plus
- Incredible customer service skills and the ability to create a customer focused culture.
- Strong computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office and industry standard programs.
- Capable of working with minimal supervision and perform effectively under tight time deadlines.
- Knowledge of Federal Fair Housing Laws & Guidelines
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk and hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, crawl, reach, and stretch. The employee is required to move around the building or site. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Must work under deadlines and ability to meet deadlines.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science degree preferred or 4+ years' experience in Property Management, marketing or training required.
- 3+ years' experience in Property Management or related industry to include Hotel, Retail, Customer Service, Marketing or Training required.
The Community Builders, Inc. is committed to ensuring diversity in its workplace, and candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.