COMPANY: Ludlow Coop
HIRING MANAGER: Paul Seaman
LOCATION: Ludlow, IL
Under the direction of the General Manager, directs the accounting and financial reporting, internal controls and tax compliance activities of the company; provides budgeting and forecasting leadership; provides computer support leadership; and serves as the benefits administrator for all company benefit programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for accounting, account structure, recording of accounting entries related to business activities, financial reporting, and internal control structure.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining a set of internal controls.
- Provides direction, controls, and recommendations to management about the financial and payroll activities.
- Prepares financial reports and budgets that summarize and forecast business activity and financial position.
- Develops and implements policies, priorities, and procedures relating to financial management, accounting, and payroll.
- Responsible for preparing audit materials and completing annual audit conducted by external auditors.
- Develops and implements tax strategies, planning, and compliance for all federal, state, and local taxes. Maintains tax records and conducts tax projects.
- Represents company in dealing with federal and state grain examiners and implements appropriate policies and procedures to satisfy federal and state regulations. Prepares reports required by the regulatory agencies.
- Evaluates need for procurement of funds and investment of surplus. Advises management on investments and loans for short and long range financial plans.
- Analyzes and organizes office operations and procedures to provide coverage for all accounting, payroll, personnel, and administrative responsibilities.
- Responsible for Information Technology maintenance along with software and hardware upgrades. maintenance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Normally requires a college degree in accounting or finance, at least 6 years of accounting, and at least 3 years of grain accounting experience.
- Proven team building skills and the ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment.
- Knowledge of the "Agris" Grain Accounting System a plus.
- Proven professional communication, customer service, persuasion, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated organization, planning, and problem-solving skills.
- Proven computer skills and the ability to use the computer to enhance business processes.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to work hours beyond those considered normal.
We are an equal opportunity employer, including protected veterans and qualified individuals with disabilities.