Perform and supervise financial, operational and regulatory compliance audits and assist with special projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete entire audit assignments from planning phase to
- Develop and maintain audit programs for each area of the corporation to ensure effective audit coverage of all organizational
- Lead staff and prepare work papers reflecting the results of audit and special assignments. in a high quality fashion and reflect accurate results.
- Review work of staff for accuracy and completeness.
- Provide feedback and training to new and existing employees to enhance audit quality and effectiveness.
- Recommend effective internal controls to promote accurate processing of transactions, safeguarding and protection of corporate assets, prevention of fraud and ensure regulatory compliance as well as fairness of financial
- Ensure that deviations from corporate policies and procedures, regulatory requirements, other control weaknesses and opportunities to enhance operational efficiency are communicated to the appropriate personnel for
- Prepare audit reports for management and the Audit Committee identifying deficiencies noted, recommended corrective action and status of corrective steps being taken.
- Effectively communicate the audit process and results to the Audit Manager, Audit Director, and
- Assist in the development of highly professional internal audit staff to ensure maximum efficiency training through coaching, training and performance
- Perform validation on internal audit and regulatory recommendations.
- Assist in compiling documents for the Internal Audit Department exams, audits and
- Monitor accounting standards and regulatory changes and perform appropriate analysis to determine if operating procedures and controls are in place to ensure compliance with the new requirements and best practices.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual risk assessments as requested by management.
- Assist with implementing process improvements for the department and training of internal audit team on department process.
- Utilize the internal audit management software to ensure the system is being utilized by the department at the highest efficiency level possible and document and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Develop and maintain a high level of cooperation and rapport between the internal audit department, officers and employees of the bank, regulators, external auditors and outsourced
- Participate in continuous monitoring activities within the organization through attendance at various committee meetings and other meetings as needed to ensure Internal Audit Risk Assessments are updated to adequately reflect the business unit's risk profile, and Internal Audit Plan and scopes are adjusted as needed.
- May require IT experience in general controls and controls around information technology
Education - Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business or related field.
Experience - Minimum of five (5) years in auditing or accounting experience, preferably within the financial services industry, including one (1) year in a lead capacity.
Other - Attainment of a minimum of one (1) internal audit or financial services related certification or designation.
Financial services industry experience.
Auditing experience in the financial services industry.
Experience managing and developing employees through coaching, training and performance management. Data analytics experience.
Bachelors of Accounting (required)
Minimum of five (5) years in auditing or accounting experience, preferably within the financial services industry, including one (1) year in a lead capacity. (required)
Attainment of a minimum of one (1) internal audit or financial services related certification or designation. (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
First Merchants Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participant (M/F/D/V).