Simply Put, A Great Place to Work
Alfred Benesch & Company (Benesch) is a growing, multi-disciplined engineering, and professional services firm. Roads, bridges, schools, parks, and airports are just a few examples of where you can find our work. We enhance infrastructure and communities across the country - creating spaces and providing connections in ways that make a difference.
As a mid-sized firm, we pride ourselves on being nimble enough to remain responsive to client needs, yet large enough to offer exceptional bench strength. As a member of our team, you'll have an opportunity to draw from those resources when you need them, and likewise, contribute your expertise when you have something to share. Great potential to take career to next level.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes paid over-time, exceptional retirement fund contributions, flexible schedules, wellness incentives, and all-around great people to work with. Take your career to the next level by applying today. You'll like it here. It's a great place to work.
Landscape Architect Parks and Recreation Project Manager - Charlotte, NC
Our Charlotte, NC office is seeking to hire a Landscape Architect Parks and Recreation Project Manager. This is an experienced position involving exciting, challenging, and complex assignments with outstanding growth opportunities. The ideal candidate must be a Seller/Doer and maintain good industry connections and relationships. Strong Management and Design skills are required. The ideal candidate will be experienced in the design of parks and recreation facilities and able to produce a project with limited supervision. The Landscape Architect Parks & Recreation Project Manager will work with the Sr. Project Managers to develop design concepts that are incorporated into the final product. The individual shall produce the majority of their own work and will, from time to time, be required to assist in other design projects. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and motivated to grow.
What You Will Need:
The Impact You Will Have:
- B.S. Degree in Landscape Architecture required.
- Minimum 10-15 years previous experience in project production, masterplan through construction documents.
- Minimum 7 years of experience specific to Parks and Recreation design.
- Registered Landscape Architect is preferred.
- Excellent communication, strong written, oral, and client relation skills, experience interacting with clients, agencies, and other project stakeholders.
- Experience in making presentations before elected officials and advisory boards, attending conferences, and going to interviews.
- Strong organization and leadership skills.
- Must be proficient in the use of current versions of AutoCAD / Civil 3-D, Sketch-Up.
- Understanding and knowledge of applicable codes.
- Strong 2D and 3D design and graphics skills.
- Experienced in Project Management, including design cost control, project budget control, and quality assurance/quality control.
- Able to successfully manage staff both individually and as teams.
- Ability to work independently and develop task deliverables in a complete and reviewable manner.
- Experienced in the public bidding process.
- Familiar with Design subcontract management.
- Experience with the preparation of comprehensive park master plans is a plus.
- Coordinate all activities with the Sr. Project Managers, the Group Manager, and Division Manager.
- Business Development and Marketing, including networking, preparation of SOQs, proposals, and contracts.
- Manage Design Consultants.
- Direct the production of high-quality presentation renderings and graphic communications materials, ensuring the Client's needs are being met and properly communicated.
- Develop Concepts or schematic designs, show a strong knowledge of site design, grading and construction detailing.
- Research local/ State regulations as they pertain to site planning.
- Research non-routine code issues and obtain interpretations from code officials.
- Incorporate design concepts from schematic design into design development and work with the project team to produce construction documents.
- Edit specification sections, prepare Project Manuals and Bidding Documents.
- As part of the role in construction administration, the applicant may conduct construction meetings and produce site observation reports when required. Applicant must also be knowledgeable of all Construction Administration procedures and processes.
- Prepare opinion of probable cost for site development and review contractor cost estimates.
- Review drawings and documents to assure compliance with Benesch's design and production standards.
- Coordinate staff activities to assure achieving goals of project budget, schedule, and quality.
- Preparing and assisting with grant applications
Alfred Benesch & Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action/ Disability/ Protected Veteran Employer. Qualified applicants are evaluated without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic.
For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the below documents:
EEO is the Law Poster
EEO is the Law Supplement
For more information about pay transparency, please download the below document:
Pay Transparency Policy Statement