SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at .
The Connected Vehicle Services division of SiriusXM builds and delivers software-based services on our connected car platform. The software we develop not only adds convenience to the daily life of our subscribers, but safety and security as well; when the worst happens, our software helps to save lives.
Working on our team will give you the opportunity to craft software in an agile, team-focused environment while learning and exercising a multitude of skills. We focus on keeping developers happy and productive; fostering a positive atmosphere to help you make the right decisions and to learn and grow both professionally and personally.
We are looking for a motivated and passionate software craftsperson to help us create, extend, and maintain the core of our connected car software platform as we expand past our current offerings in services related to safety, security and convenience in order to take our business to the next level.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to rules established to enforce test-driven/behavior-drive development, maintaining wiki pages, code style, and code group/peer review.
- Be a team player, someone who can communicate both orally and through our various written communication mechanisms.
- Be able to work under the supervision of a more senior engineer, completing tasks with the expected degree of quality in a timely fashion.
- Analyze requirements and technical specifications, and implement assigned development tasks using various web technologies.
- Develop, maintain, and debug cloud based micro-service APIs
- Maintain and extend existing on-premise software systems
- Be able to dig in and troubleshoot pre and post production issues.
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or other technically related field
- Equivalent experience and/or degrees in other technical fields will be evaluated and considered
- 3+ years of experience in a development position
- Strong technical knowledge building mission critical/highly available service-oriented software
Requirements and General Skills:
- Works well with others and is a skilled communicator both written and oral; acts with professionalism both in person and when working on the phone with partners.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and work under shifting deadlines with potentially ambiguous or nebulous requirements in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience working in an agile software development organization; Scrum and/or Kanban
- Willingness to learn new technologies - often very quickly
- Strong technical knowledge building mission critical/highly available service using current generation toolkits such as Spring, Dropwizard, RESTEasy, or Node.JS
- Developing and designing web services through APIs using REST, HTTP, JSON/JSONP, etc
- Fluency in Java 7, basic understanding of Java 8
- Strong technical knowledge of IP, HTTP, JSON and XML.
- Strong understanding the principles of service-oriented software and large scale distributed systems.
- Working knowledge of reactive programing
- Working knowledge of Relational and NoSQL databases using JDBC, JPA or similar frameworks
- Basic technical knowledge of cloud-based systems - covering infrastructure, platform and software as services
- Recent hands-on experience with Java, Spring / Spring Boot Frameworks, Node.js development, MicroServices, Serverless (AWS Lambda, AWS Step function, Api Gateway, AWS Glue, CloudFormation)
- Good working knowledge of the Cloud AWS, Observability & Traceability
- Code craftsmanship; rigor in high code quality, automated testing (JUnit, eslint, mocha, chai, jest Mockito, Cucumber), and agile engineering best practices
- Knowledge of modern software patterns and anti-patterns
- Able to work within a Git/Gitflow-based multi-branched software environment and build deployment pipelines.
- Preferred experience with Java development tooling: Maven and/or Gradle.
- Used continuous integration environments like TeamCity, Jenkins, Hudson.
More details about our company benefits can be found !
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.