The Accounting Clerk Intern is responsible for performing general accounting activities, including initiating work orders, compiling time, and information into a finished billable product, ensuring policies are met and providing general clerical support.
- Performs general accounting activities, including the preparation, maintenance and
reconciliation of ledger accounts and financial statements, such as balance sheets, profit and loss statements, and capital expenditure schedules
- Prepares, records, analyzes, and reports accounting transactions and ensures the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles
- Provides financial support including forecasting, budgeting, and analyzing variations from budget
- Analyzes and prepares statutory accounts and financial statements and reports
- Conducts or assists in the documentation of accounting projects
- Represent Jet Aviation as one company internally and externally with industry groups, regulatory bodies, and the General Dynamics network
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong attention to detail
- Common courtesy and customer orientation
- Basic communication skills
- Basic English language skills
- Strong personal values corresponding with Jet Aviation values (Trust, Honesty, Alignment, Transparency)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk or sit.
The employee is occasionally required to climbs or balance, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds over their heads.
Specific vision required for this job include, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust and focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must be able to work in both a heavy maintenance environment and in upscale customer areas. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with occasional high volume when aircrafts arrive/depart. The employee is frequently exposed to vibration. Occasional fuel fumes may permeate the workplace. Employee must be willing and able to work in all types of weather conditions.