Performs any combination of following duties to raise, place, and unite girders, columns, and other structural-steel members to form completed structures or structure frameworks, working as member of crew.
- Actively supports the Company's commitment to safety and its "Core Values."
- Represents the Company at all times with high moral standards while adhering to the Company's "Code of Business Conduct and and Ethics."
- Sets up hoisting equipment for raising and placing structural-steel members.
- Signals worker operating hoisting equipment to lift and place steel member.
- Guides member, using tag line (rope)
- Aligns bolt holes in member with corresponding holes in previously placed member by driving drift pins or handle of wrench through holes.
- Verifies vertical and horizontal alignment of members, using plumb bob and level.
- Bolts aligned members to keep them in position until they can be permanently bolted or welded in place.
- Cuts and welds steel members to make alterations.
- Identify safety hazards you or other employees may be subject to and take all necessary corrective action to eliminate or minimize hazards.
- Perform all other job related duties as requested by supervision.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of three (3) years or more in refinery maintenance/turnaround/or construction experience. A general knowledge of basic hand tools. Must be able to pass the Iron Worker Skills Test at or above 70% or complete the NCCER certification for your craft. Completed the Matrix Service C-Stop Plus Safety training, Process Safety Management training and Client / Site specific training. To obtain and maintain an active status within the drug testing program.