At Electronic Arts, we are bringing together the creativity, talent and technology to connect players and deliver amazing experiences in entertainment. We excel at passion, teamwork and pioneering. It's the fuel that drives us to inspire the world to play.
We are looking for a PR Manager who has a passion for First Person Shooter (FPS) games to join our Global Communications team. You will work directly for the Director of Integrated Communications across our FPS games and will be responsible, working on Apex Legends and Battlefield. You will use your experience working on PR campaigns to jump right in and quickly learn the collaborative processes in which we work.
We'll be looking for you to help shape how we talk about these games. You'll also provide strategic communications recommendations, lead the creation and execution of communication strategies and work alongside your social, community and influencer counterparts to create strong, thoughtful and strategic integrated communications plans for both franchises.Once we return to the office, you'll spend time in-studio at these different franchise locations, working with the Communications and Development Teams, Brand Managers, Creative Producers and Strategy Leads, among others.
- Ability to work with the brand and development teams to draft foundational documents that define how we talk about our games.
- Plan, implement and manage strategic PR plans that result in positive coverage and conversations about our Lifestyle games.
- Plan and budget for PR events, programs and initiatives.
- Actively participate in meetings with stakeholders and be able to take the lead in coordinating public relations activities.
- Actively participate in cross-functional/integrated communications strategy meetings, proactively driving PR strategy recommendations and leading execution of PR initiatives in concert with community, influencer and social leads and their activities.
- Lead in drafting materials (briefing materials, blogs, messaging, presentations, etc.) and initiate research projects with editing and oversight from the Integrated Communications Director.
- Coordinate and staff media interviews with Sr. Leaders and C-suite level executives, able to provide interview prep for spokesperson.
- Measure and provide reports on each PR campaign.
- Build long-term relationships with relevant journalists across endemic and mainstream media.
- Develop and implement crisis communications recommendations and advice as needed.
- Ability to collaborate with Communication Leadership,Brand Managers, Development Teams (Studio and Game Directors), and PR Agencies.
- 6+ years Public Relations experience, with a proven track record of successful PR campaigns.
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing or related field.
- Excellent written skills, along with management abilities.
- Manage numerous projects simultaneously, while prioritizing high-return work.
- Have deep relationships with gaming, technology or entertainment media.
- Proficient at presenting communications plans and incorporating feedback.
- Attention to detail.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.