C & B Operations, a leading John Deere Dealer, has an opening for a Service Technician at its Lake Park, Iowa location. A service tech at C & B Operations performs basic diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer-owned agricultural equipment and outdoor power equipment.
1. Performs basic diagnostics and repairs on agricultural farm equipment or outdoor power equipment
2. Participates in Training programs required for the development of skills and knowledge
3. Prepares all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments.
4. Accounts for all time on a time card and for all material used in performing assigned duties
5. Maintains current product knowledge of John Deere and competitive products.
6. Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion
7. Maintains condition of vehicles, inventory, tools, and equipment.
8. Loads and unloads equipment when requested.
9. Promotes and sells the service department to customers including service work, inspections, and parts to increase customer safety and satisfaction.
10. Delivers parts, run errands, etc. as needed.
11. Mentors Service Technician Apprentices and junior Service Technicians.
12. Maintains a professional appearance including a clean uniform, haircut and good hygiene
13. Reports to work on time, as scheduled.
14. Follows all safety procedures and guidelines, and works in a safe manner.
Apply today to learn more about this exciting opportunity with C&B Operations!
High School (required)
Associates of Diesel Technology (preferred)
Ability to lift at least 75 lbs occasionally (required)
Proven knowledge of methods, materials, tools and techniques used in the repair of agricultural, farm and outdoor power equipment. (required)
Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems. (required)
Excellent skills in operating vehicles and equipment, including those used for diagnostic purposes. (required)
Ability to work varying shifts, weekends and holidays as needed. (required)
Licenses & Certifications
Valid Drivers License (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
C&B Operations is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer