IT'S SIMPLE. You want to work in a hospital setting where you are valued and appreciated - where you receive respect from your superiors and co-workers as well as the patients you treat.
You want to be challenged by your job without being overwhelmed by it. You want to play an instrumental role in helping a patient recover, sometimes against strong odds, and go home. What you want is Kindred Healthcare.
Our mission is to promote healing, provide hope, preserve dignity and produce value for each patient, resident, family member, customer, employee and shareholder we serve. Join us!
This is a great opportunity to get hands-on experience in long term acute care. Employees are encouraged to take responsibility for their own careers. You'll work side-by-side with people you can trust and respect.
We need a talented individual to fill the role of Biller/Collector. In this position, you will be the one who keeps current, accurate billing on patient accounts, assures timely remittance, and takes immediate action on issues that involve account integrity. Verifies insurance coverage and follow-up with payers to facilitate uninterrupted cash flow.
- Assure accuracy of patient data and prepare billing according to regulations
- Prepare/maintain billing files and records; understand net revenue schedule and unrealized contractual log in relation to patient accounts
- Investigate delinquent accounts making recommendation on disposition of outstanding balance; contact third party organizations when necessary to facilitate timely payment of charges
- Provide timely notation of action taken on patient accounts; process refunds to insurance carrier or patient; correct late charges; monitor insurance coding and effective/exhaust dates
- Respond to patient account inquiries.