Join our team of over 5,000 employees globally, who provide the insights through data and next generation technology that help millions of people find, buy and protect the homes they love. From the beginning, CoreLogic has been driven by a single purpose - to innovate and create solutions that solve our clients' toughest challenges in the housing market. CoreLogic is the trusted source for property intelligence, with deep knowledge of powerful economic, social, and environmental forces that promote healthy housing markets and thriving communities.
We apply that same dedication to creating a diverse and inclusive work culture that inspires innovation and bold thinking. A place where individuals can work on small teams, feel valued, and directly impact the real estate industry. We believe our team members are the best in the business, and we will continue to recruit, retain, develop and reward our most important asset - our people!
- Gathers, verifies and analyzes data on residential properties including, but not limited to, measuring structures, physically inspecting the exterior and interior of buildings, photographing property, analysis of market sales and noting architectural quality and intended use of the property. This is accomplished by using a variety of appraisal, GIS, database, spreadsheet, and/or statistical software.
- Determines fair market value using generally accepted appraisal practice concepts as outlined in USPAP (Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice) on all residential type properties.
- When requested by CoreLogic or its clients, defends and supports valuation work by providing additional documentation/narrative in a timely fashion.
- Reads and interprets plats, maps, deeds, blueprints, and other similar documents.
- Creates reports, queries and other statistical data to support value as outlined in appraisal manuals.
- Accurately completes a variety of residential appraisal products in a timely manner while successfully interacting and providing ongoing updates to various departments within CoreLogic and others involved in the valuation process.
- Manages a changing workload and meets production goals.
- Conducts oneself in a professional manner and maintains a professional demeanor and image (attire) representing CoreLogic in a very positive manner to our clients.
- Keeps current with and adheres to CoreLogic's guidelines, order/client guidelines, secondary market requirements and regulatory changes.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- The individual must be a Licensed, Certified Residential or Certified General Real Estate Appraiser in good standing.
- Working knowledge of real estate appraisals including understanding of the three generally accepted approaches to value (cost, market and income approaches). This includes the ability to perform trend analyses on data relating to market conditions and real property.
- Must have knowledge of building standards, appraisal methods, and research principles, methods, and techniques in relation to real property; land appraisal and building cost estimating methods.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as a residential real estate appraiser with demonstrated history of appraising a wide variety of property types within this position's location.
- Certified Residential and Certified General Real Estate Appraisers must be current and in good standing on the FHA Roster and have an in-depth familiarity with HUD appraisal requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of the real estate market, neighborhoods and market trends that exist within this position's assigned geographic location.
- Knowledge of analytical techniques regarding research and documentation in relation to market conditions and their impact on the valuation of real property.
- Ability to operate photographic equipment (i.e. camera) and use and accurately read a tape measure.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college degree preferred.
- A valid driver's license and ability to travel locally to complete appraisal assignments.
- Strong analytical, communication and customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, internet search skills, math skills, appraisal software and the ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Must be able to use a calculator for mathematical calculations; sum and categorize improvement square footage; read plats and blueprints; compare digital imagery with property data for validity; and to locate property according to description.
- Demonstrates high standards of ethics, integrity and confidentiality.
Physical Job Requirements
- Performs work both indoors and outdoors and may be subject to weather extremes.
- Walks, stands and stoops for extended periods of time on flat surfaces as well as inclines, declines, uneven, narrow, slippery, natural or paved terrain, etc.
- Climbs up and down stairs, ramps and grades.
- Sits, bends, squats, leans, twists and stretches arms.
- May require jumping or hopping over small puddles, and/or other small obstacles such as trenches, debris, mounds, and climbing over small fences or other similar barriers.
- Lifts (up to 50 pounds), and carries items necessary to complete an inspection.
- Uses and handles measuring and photographic equipment while standing, squatting, leaning, bending or sitting.
- Uses arms, wrists and fingers performing data entry or typing at computer keyboard.
- Works for sustained periods of time maintaining concentrated attention to detail.
- Drives a motor vehicle.
CoreLogic's Diversity Commitment:
CoreLogic is fully committed to employing a diverseworkforce and creating an inclusive workenvironment that embraces everyone's uniquecontributions, experiences and values. We offer anempowered work environment that encouragescreativity, initiative and professional growth andprovides a competitive salary and benefits package. We are better together when we support and recognize our differences.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability:
CoreLogic is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Actionemployer committed to attracting and retaining thebest-qualified people available, without regard torace, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexualorientation, gender identity, age, disability or statusas a veteran of the Armed Forces, or any other basisprotected by federal, state or local law. CoreLogicmaintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Please apply on our website for consideration.
Connect with us on social media! Click on the quicklinks below to find out more about our company and associates.
CoreLogic is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace. We are fully committed to employing a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive work environment that embraces everyone's unique contributions, experiences and values.