Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing, and delivering aerospace products, services, and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer, and more prosperous world.
A commercial aircraft manufacturer, with Space and Defense as well as Helicopters Divisions, Airbus is the largest aeronautics and space company in Europe and a worldwide leader.
Airbus has built on its strong European heritage to become truly international with roughly 180 locations and 12,000 direct suppliers globally. The company has aircraft and helicopter final assembly lines across Asia, Europe, and the Americas, and has achieved a more than sixfold order book increase since 2000.
Responsible for examining the logistic workflow and utilizing analytical methods to understand, forecast, and streamline Supply Chain operations. The role supports Supply Chain management through collecting data, analyzing performances, identifying risks, and developing solutions to drive quality, delivery, productivity, efficiency, and cost improvement. This position will support all areas of the supply chain structure including, but not limited to, purchasing, planning, scheduling, inventory, warehousing, logistics, and customer service.
1. Material Planning and Forecasting Process Improvement: 30%
- Identify underperforming areas in operational processes and recommend solutions as well as implement changes to improve performance.
- Continuously improve in-stock rates while simultaneously reducing inventory by improving forecast accuracy.
- Proactively solve issues by identifying the most appropriate course of action for problem resolution and effectively communicate plans to those impacted.
- Identify improvements to operating processes and refer to appropriate areas.
- Participate in projects involving the development of new initiatives, products, services, and systems.
- Manage and build relationships to positively promote forecast and inventory management with internal and external stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate clearly and concisely to all stakeholders.
- Drive productivity and process efficiencies through data insights.
- Develop modeling techniques to improve forecasting projections for assigned processes.
- Assist to prepare inventory reduction initiatives for assigned product lines and rationalization process for product lines.
- Assist in developing, documenting, and maintaining requirements and standards for packaging, procurement, inventory, and delivery.
2. Material Forecast Management: 30%
- Collaborate with internal teams to improve, resolve, and execute plans for potential bottlenecks or complex issues utilizing supportive data to predict outcomes.
- Collaborate with senior leaders to manage end-to-end implementation of inventory management solutions for the customer.
- Execute planning and forecasting initiatives for customer support teams (internal and external).
- Work with Sales, MRO, and Purchasing to forecast sales and inventory needs.
- Coordinate with various teams and gather and explain data from multiple sources to formulate future sales forecasts.
- Supervise statistical accuracy of current and future forecasts and make adjustments according to market requirements and management direction
3. Material Forecasting and Planning Reporting and Measurement: 20%
- Design and produce internal reports and KPI metrics to measure, track and summarize operational performance, trends, efficiency, and risk for all levels of material forecasting and planning activities to include but not limited to forecast accuracy, exceptional demand events, and material shortage elimination.
- Build reports and dashboards to support the supply chain leadership team, including presentation slides, memos, and process documentation.
- Develop and maintain advanced forecasting models for key business metrics using current trends and historical data.
- Reports, communicates, and presents forecast plans and recommendations to management/leadership promptly while defending recommendations with sound models and logic
- Create complex and comprehensive reports to manage and monitor forecast versus actual to drive real-time insights to continuously improve forecast models and planning strategies.
- Extract and communicate key performance drivers and create actionable reporting and analysis.
- Monitor and analyze inventory and in-stock trends.
- Provide ad hoc forecasts, sales and prepare archive reports as requested to assist management decision.
4. Data Analysis: 20%
- Develop methods to gather Supply Chain data for analyzing service trends, inventory management, and network costs.
- Identifies gaps and solutions to improve forecast accuracy.
- Participate and/or lead regular meetings to review current inventory/forecast call to action to ensure coordination of efforts.
- Measure the impact of forecast accuracy on key performance metrics of inventory levels and in-stock rates.
- Use historical data and analyze market, product, and customer trends to create long-range/short-range forecasts for customer support teams (internal and external).
- Recommends and utilizes quantitative analytical approaches to drive optimal forecast.
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified Experience / Skills / Training:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business Analytics, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 5 years of experience within an operational, production, material planning, warehousing, or material distribution environment.
- Experience in an analytically-driven role (analytics, finance, operations) focused around forecasting and building out time series models
- Certification in material planning or forecasting field
- APICS (CPIM or CSCP preferred), CPSM or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills, Demonstrated Capabilities:
- Fundamental understanding of supply chain, logistics, inventory management and production planning concepts.
- High-level understanding of data processes and strategies
- Experience with data mining and reporting
- Strong mathematical quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge to analyze large and multi-dimensional data sets.
- Well organized, detail orientated, and self-directed.
- Critical, strategic, and analytical thinker with ability to translate data into logical solutions.
- Strong ability to make good judgments and quick decisions
- Operational process mapping, analysis, and improvement skills
Communication Skills (Spoken, Written, Influencing, Proficiency in Other Languages):
- Strong team-building skills are required, able to communicate company and departmental objectives and direction while encouraging a high level of team engagement and enthusiasm.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Able to tailor communication style to meet internal or external customer needs.
- Ability to work with a team and independently.
Technical Systems Proficiency:
- High proficiency in MS Suite products (specifically Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- G-Suite products
- Material planning tools such as MRP, DRP etc.
- SAP experience is preferred
- APS (or equivalent forecasting tool) experience preferred
- 0% Domestic and International
- Authorized to Work in the US
Decision Making, Complexity:
- Some examples of decisions to be made by this position include but are not limited to:
- Optimizing forecast and material planning for spare parts held for commercial aircraft aftermarket support to ensure customer satisfaction and control company cash and balance sheet assets.
- Inventory control and safeguarding company assets
- Prioritization of work
- Final determination and disposition of corrective actions
- This position works with a large degree of autonomy and is relied upon to perform essential functions each day with the expectation that issues or concerns will be elevated by this person promptly as needed. This position is expected to be able to network and reach a highly functional level of cooperation with peers in other Airbus companies as well as Airbus Helicopters headquarters facilities in France and Germany. Must be able to quickly identify different cultural norms and adjust decision-making and communication practices.
Direct Reports :
- Exempt : 0
- Non-exempt : 0
Job Dimensions, Contributions to Success:
- This position contributes directly to the financial health of the company by:
- Planning material needs to ensure optimized inventory spend
- Safeguarding company assets
- Process transactions in time to meet customer demand ensuring long-term customer retention
- Timely response to audit and other requests minimizing service provider cost
- This position contributes directly to the satisfaction of our customers by:
- Optimizes materials stocked to allow for maximum availability for customer needs and minimizing slow-moving stocks.
- Positive support of team members
Nature of Contacts:
- Daily moderate communication with internal and external parties
- Onsite: Daily
- Vision: able to see and read computer screen and other electronic equipment with screens, able to read documents, reports, and engineering drawings daily
- Hearing: able to hear to participate in conversations in person and via teleconference or phone and to hear sounds on production floor including safety warnings or alarms daily.
- Speaking: able to speak in conversations and meetings, deliver information and participate in communications daily.
- Equipment Operation (personal computer, telephone, copier, fax machine, and related office equipment and using electronic identification card to enter building floors and internal doors): able to operate most office and personal electronic equipment.
- Carrying: able to carry documents, tools, drawings, electronic equipment up to 30lbs/14kgs frequently.
- Lifting: able to lift documents, tools, drawings, electronic equipment to 30lbs/14kgs frequently.
- Pushing / Pulling: able to push and pull small office furniture and some equipment and tools daily.
- Sitting: able to sit for long periods of time in meetings, working on the computer daily.
- Standing: able to stand for discussions in offices or on production floor daily.
- Travel: able to travel independently and at short notice rarely.
- Walking (include routine walking such as to a shared printer to retrieve documents): able to walk through office and production areas including uneven surfaces daily.
- Personal Protective Equipment required: Required PPE includes, but is not limited to, Safety Shoes, Safety Glasses, Hearing Protection, Respirators/Masks, and/or Protective Gloves as required by the site and/or customer site
As a leader in our field, Airbus in America provides relocation assistance for qualified positions and a comprehensive compensation and benefits package.
Airbus in America provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status or another legally protected status. In addition to federal law requirements, Airbus in America complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, demotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits, and training.
Airbus in America expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, or another legally protected status. Improper interference with the ability of Airbus' employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
As a matter of policy, Airbus does not sponsor visas for US positions unless specified. Only applicants with current work authorization will be considered.
Airbus does not offer tenured or guaranteed employment. Either the company or the employee can terminate the employment relationship at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice.