Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people's lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you'll be part of
The pandemic has highlighted how important telecoms networks are to society. Nokia's Network Infrastructure group is at the heart of a revolution to bring more and faster network capacity to people worldwide through our ambition, innovation, and technical expertise.
The Optical Networks Business Divison is searching for a Silicon Photonics Design Engineer to engage in the research and development of silicon photonics integrated circuit technology. As a Silicon Photonics Design Engineer you are responsibile for the development process for complex photonic devices and systems-on-chip, from design through fabrication, testing and analysis. As a member of our silicon photonics design team, you'll be working alongside other experienced silicon photonics designers with strong records of delivering innovative photonic device designs and large-scale silicon photonics circuits.
What you will learn and contribute to
* Lead or support the design of active and passive photonic devices and/or complex photonic integrated circuits and systems.
* Develop new design approaches and innovate on both device-level design and system-level optimization.
* Interact with fab partners.
* Contribute to test development and lead the test data analysis of your devices to correlate design with measurements.
* Collaborate with all other functional teams in the organization to deliver co-designed and co-optimized photonics systems.
Your skills and experience
* M.S. or Ph.D. in electrical engineering / physics / applied physics / similar quantitative fields.
* Solid programming skills in Python or C/C++.
* Good understanding of general concepts in physics, especially in optics or electromagnetics.
* Solid understanding of general concepts in fiber optics and integrated optics.
* Experience with designing or characterizing silicon photonic or other integrated optical/optoelectronic devices or circuits.
It would be nice if you had:
* Proficiency with optics design tools, such as Lumerical.
* Experience in photonic integrated circuit design, modeling and layout.
* Solid numerical and physics-related programming skills.
* Experience with high-frequency design and modeling.
* Experience in TCAD modeling.
* Experience with epitaxial growth and design.
* Experience with controls theory and implementation.
W hat we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
Location: New York City, NY (Mid-Town Manhattan); convenient to public transportation
Nokia is committed to inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer
Nokia has received the following recognitions for its commitment to inclusion & equality:
* One of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere
* Gender-Equality Index by Bloomberg
* Workplace Pride Global Benchmark
* LGBT+ equality & best place to work by HRC Foundation
At Nokia, we act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
Nokia's employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We are committed to a culture of inclusion built upon our core value of respect.
Join us and be part of a company where you will feel included and empowered to succeed.