Job Description for Fleet Inspector
Title: Fleet Inspector
Reports to: Fleet Manager and Office Manager/HR for NorCal
Scope: Responsible for providing support services for the remote non-shuttle Google vehicles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned, as needed:
- Monitor and manage vehicles equipped with car sharing and fleet management technology using the management portal, as requested by customer, including managing vehicle access, coordinating activations and deactivations of vehicles or access rights, and monitoring vehicle usage information.
- Oversee and assist with deployment of carshare technology to new Fleet vehicles, as requested by the client.
- Provide support for customer's fleet carsharing service as requested by the client, including weekly vehicle inspections, monthly thorough per-vehicle condition reports, fast charging of vehicles, routine vehicle maintenance, vehicle deployment, and relocation.
- Be available during working hours to assist in troubleshooting any potential fleet issues.
- Coordinate charging of electric vehicles on a daily basis.
- Complete general vehicle inspections for cleanliness vehicles in the fleet.
- Perform evaluations to ensure all vehicles are in a good operating condition.
- Perform a thorough per-vehicle Condition Report for each vehicle in the Fleet. Inspections will include a driving test to determine if any repairs or maintenance services are required. All vehicles must be monitored and diagnosed for drivability and any systems problems. All work and test results must be accurately logged, reported and filed.
- Perform routine vehicle maintenance for vehicles in the Fleet, such as tire inflation and topping off fluids as necessary, and coordinate and oversee any minor or major repairs with authorized local auto dealerships or repair facilities.
- Provide excellent customer service to car users and act as a first line of contact for vehicle and service related issues and questions for the vehicles in the Fleet.
- Embraces and promotes ABC's customer service philosophy
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associates degree preferred
- Must be a high energy self-starting individual with a strong work ethic and desire to succeed
- Must have a clean driving record
- Must be able to prioritize many duties to meet the client's expectations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and web-based programs
- Customer service background
- Strong customer service skills and abilities
- Ability to work in both a team environment and independently
- Ability to be flexible and easily adapt to change and shifts in priorities
- Be able to multi-task
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the company, its customers, and vendors
- Ability to interpret policies and procedures and follow directions
- Able to meet deadlines and manage time effectively
- Ability to speak, read and comprehend the English language
- Ability to lift, push and pull at least 40 pounds
- Ability to bend, stoop, squat and lift infrequently
To be hired, all candidates must submit to a pre-employment background check.