Abiomed is a pioneer and global leader in healthcare technology and innovation, with a mission ofRecovering Hearts & Saving Lives. With corporate headquarters in Danvers, Massachusetts, and offices in Baltimore, MD, Aachen & Berlin, Germany and Tokyo, Japan, Abiomed's 1,700 employees form one of the fastest growing medical device companies in the world. We attract and retain exceptional talent with our collaborative culture, passion for our work, and a strong commitment to employee professional development.
Patients First | Innovation | Winning Culture | Heart Recovery
The Sr. Administrative Assistant will provide administrative and operational support to the leaders of the Marketing organizations. In addition to the foundational elements of travel, calendar, and meeting coordination, the Sr. Administrative Assistant is responsible for functional communication and key events for the organizations. The successful candidate will be forward thinking, anticipate needs and be able to work well in a fast-paced environment. Strong verbal, written communication and follow up skills, including capturing meeting notes and PowerPoint skill are critical.
All three functions routinely communicate externally, and cross-functionally internally, so developing relationships across the company will be crucial for successful execution
The ideal individual will exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, along with exceptional administrative & organizational skills. He/she must be able to work under pressure with the ability to handle a wide variety of activities and have the flexibility to managing changing priorities and tight deadlines.
* Manage operating mechanisms and Marketing project program dashboard
* Prepare agendas, taking notes and coordinate meetings such as department meetings and presentations
* Manage domestic and international travel for department heads; prepare expense reports accordingly
* Provide administrative, telephone support and calendar management
* Produce weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports of business results based on reports generated from CRM system
* Drafting and editing of PowerPoint presentations
* Works closely and effectively with the team to keep them informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
* Coordinates external meetings and events as appropriate
* Build and maintain positive relationships with all members of the Global Administration team and key points of contact from each department to enhance and maintain the reputation of the department, create efficiencies and drive strategic activities
* Interact with other departments to effectively and efficiently conduct special projects and assignments
* A minimum of 5 years of administrative experience required
* College degree required
* Expertise with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) required
* Event management experience preferred
* Budget management experience preferred
* Project Management experience preferred
* CRM experience preferred, ex. Salesforce
* Excellent verbal/written communication and time management skills
* Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
* Strong organizational skills and superior attention to detail
* Demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
Abiomed is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Abiomed will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.