Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients' transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder's integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose - together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder, a long-standing industry leader in central California, seeks a special inspector with ICC, DCA and AWS certifications to join our Fresno office. Kleinfelder offers:
- Competitive Wages.
- Benefits, including medical, dental, vision, & life insurance; HSA & FSA; 401K; paid holidays; and paid time off (PTO).
- Certification, training, and professional development assistance.
- Employee referral bonuses.
- Career advancement opportunities with one of the largest and most respected firms in the industry.
Kleinfelder is looking for senior level special inspectors for several upcoming school projects. We need seasoned professionals who are comfortable being actively engaged on construction sites performing field testing and inspection services. This role offers a dynamic work environment, the opportunity to work on multiple high-profile projects, and to be part of an industry leading company.
Consideration for this position requires the following minimum competencies or experience:
- At least 3 years of experience in materials testing or special inspection.
- Radiation safety training and experience with the operation of a nuclear density gauge.
- Certification by the International Code Council (ICC) as a Special Inspector for Reinforced Concrete, Structural Masonry, Structural Steel and Bolting, and Structural Welding.
- ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician - Grade 1.
- California Division of the State Architect (DSA) Certified Masonry Special Inspector.
- American Welding Society (AWS) - Certified Welding Inspector (CWI).
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, maintaining composure and working effectively in a high-pressure environment with changing priorities.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, presentation, verbal, and written communication skills.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent.
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record and ability to pass drug test.
- Able to use a company provided laptop or tablet computer and a working knowledge of MS Office programs (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- A good work ethic, attention to detail, and high level of personal integrity.
- Authorization to work in the United States.
In addition to the above required competencies and experience, hiring preference will be given to those candidates with the following certifications or experience:
- Associates degree or higher in Civil Engineering Technology, Construction Management, Construction Inspection, or construction related engineering field.
- Additional construction inspection and testing experience and certifications from the American Concrete Institute (ACI), International Code Council (ICC), National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technologies (NICET); and/or California Division of the State Architect (DSA).
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES
Please note that Kleinfelder does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, Kleinfelder will not consider or agree to payment for any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, Kleinfelder explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resume, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Kleinfelder.