About the Voith Group
The Voith Group is a global technology company. With its broad portfolio of systems, products, services and digital applications,Voithsets standards in the markets of energy, oil & gas, paper, raw materials and transport & automotive. Founded in 1867, the company today has more than 20,000 employees, sales of 4.2 billion and locations in over 60 countries worldwide and is thus one of the larger family-owned companies in Europe.
For the Voith Hydro, in the Commercial Management department, we are looking for:
Contracts Administrator Intern
The Contracts Administrator Intern is an intern level position that will assist with all contractual aspects of a project from bid preparation until successful completion of the contract. This includes risk identification, assessment and mitigation as well as claim management with customers and suppliers.
In this role, the candidate must be able to work effectively and accurately across multiple topics in the same time, organizing and setting task priority while building and maintaining positive relationships with internal and external customers. The individual must be able to develop quick and concise resolution of issues.
- Works with the team to review Sales contracts. Works with the team to identify and assess risks during the bid stage prior to a binding offer and advises the organization such that suitable actions can be implemented to minimize the risks identified.
- Makes sure that all contractual conditions of the tender are fully understood, analyzed and assessed.
- Assists the Project Team for all commercial topics by developing strategies and providing recommendations to limit, restrict and (or) transfer company risk exposure as well as potential financial and business impact arising from the customer/suppliers contractual conditions.
- Supports the project team in identification and preparation of claims, develops claim and negotiation strategy based on profound contract knowledge and liaison with internal and external counsel.
- As needed, assist the Procurement team in the preparation of P.O. terms and conditions.
- Become knowledgeable of the USA import and export laws and protocols.
- Develop knowledge in support of the IT department in the rules of cybersecurity.
- Currently pursuing a degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Construction Management, Paralegal Science or Legal field.
- Must have superior writing skills, organizational skills and strong computer skills (Microsoft office portfolio, as well as Access or other Claims/Documents/Litigation database).
- Communication and interpersonal skills are essential. Must be able to conduct interviews, analyze and compile documentation.
- Must be able to consistently prioritize and complete multiple tasks in the time allotted with minimal supervision.
- Experience with construction and risk management, contracts and/or construction claims litigation is a plus.
- Ability to strategically assess contract risks and opportunities.
Physical Demands -
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the key actions of job.
- The employee is also required to talk and/or hear in an office setting (noise level is low). The employee is frequently required to stand and walk in an office environment from 4-8 hours. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms; lift; stoop, or crouch.
- The vision requirements: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception and adjust focus.
- The job requires travel.
* This job description is not all encompassing, however, is intended to be a general description of the responsibilities of this position.
Voith Hydro is an EEO/AA/VEVRAA compliant Federal Contractor and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.