We are seeking a Coordinator of Events and Communications to work within the Meetings, Events, and Travel Services team to support the meetings, events, and communications objectives. With multiple and varied business meetings, brand conferences, and team activities each year, Dine Brands seeks a self-starting, highly detail-oriented and resourceful professional who thrives in a dynamic and fast paced environment to assist in the flawless execution of their meetings and events.
- Draft and manage internal communications (examples include: company wide newsletters, initiatives, team member engagement briefings, agendas, and travel documents)
- Plan, develop and prepare programs and services according to internal client and franchisee requirements - to include, site research, hotel, venue visits, and contracting.
- Facilitate relationship with internal key meeting stakeholders to coordinate RSVP lists, present meeting briefs, and conduct post-program wrap up meetings.
- Execute and organize services for events, such as participant flights, accommodation, ground transportation, catering/menu selections, audio-visual equipment, off site meals and activities, outside rentals, and any other special requirements.
- Negotiate prices and agreement terms with selected vendors and present pricing to management for approval. Track budgets to ensure revenue and expenses are kept within established boundaries and reconcile event bills.
- Assist in oversight of room set-up, decor, and accuracy of food and beverage requirements
- Direct offsite events for large group meetings by overseeing ground transfer loading and unloading, and advancement of offsite activities.
- Maintain quality relationships with existing vendors and research new vendors who can provide more cost effective and creative services that meet organizational standards.
- Some travel required for on-site hotel inspections, meetings, and events.
Skills & Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 2-3 years meeting planning experience or background in hospitality
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deliverables efficiently
- High level of creativity
- Analytical thinking ability