At Gentherm, we say, "It's about the person." We're with you on a cold winter day when you turn on your heated seat and steering wheel or helping manage patient body temperature in the operating room, recovering room or intensive care units. We take a human approach with everything we do.
As the global leader in thermal management technologies we embrace the opportunity to create and deliver extraordinary thermal solutions that make meaningful differences in everyday life. We do this by improving health, wellness, comfort and energy efficiency.
We embrace an entrepreneurial spirit and combine that with our global leadership to deliver results. Working at Gentherm provides you the opportunity to not only shape the future of the automotive and medical industries, but also influence your career throughout the company. You will be engaged, challenged and inspired by our team to deliver leading thermal technologies that positively impact lives around the world.
Advanced System Engineer - BMS
IMPACT and OPPORTUNITY
Be a part of a team that has already put "first ever" new technology in Automotive BEVs in 2020 and has a second technology going into production in 2022 with several new technology in the pipeline. Work with customers and the Gentherm management team to increase Gentherm's market share for Li-ion Cell Connecting Systems and embedded Cell Sensing Electronics by showcasing deep Battery Management System knowledge at the pack and vehicle level. Subject matter expert with regard to Battery Management Systems, electronic and electromechanical components and interfaces.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Continually develop and update Battery Performance Solutions (BPS) technology pipeline.
- Work with the Advanced Development team to bring the technology to "product ready" status while marketing the technology to customers and collaborating with suppliers and customers.
- Technical contact for customers regarding electronic and electromechanical systems such as Cell Connecting Systems and embedded Cell Sensing Electronics, especially with regard to Battery Management Systems. Collaboration with suppliers and development partners.
- Explain Gentherm's products to customers and how they enable BMS function by supplying critical cell data.
- Explain BMS algorithms to customers with regard to how cell data is processed to ensure performance and battery safety.
- Coordination and verification of Battery Systems specifications for development and customer projects.
- Concept creation for cell connecting systems with and without electronics.
- Ability to understand the design and development of our electronic products for all OEMs from a Battery Systems perspective.
- Ensure that the product meets internal and customer Battery Systems requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Electronics Engineering, Systems Engineering, Environmental Technologies Engineering, Energy and Environmental System Engineering or similar degree.
- 5 years minimum experience in Battery Management System hardware design, software, algorithm design or cell characterization data reduction.
- Familiarity with automotive electronics hardware, software and systems requirements, functional objectives and validation methods and tools.
- Familiarity in the development of electrical and /or electromechanical systems.
- Familiarity with automotive specifications for electromechanical systems.
- Good communication and business relation skills.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite with ability to learn new systems such as Jira, Confluence and other company preferred platforms.
- Master's degree in Electronics Engineering, Systems Engineering, Environmental Technologies Engineering, Energy and Environmental System Engineering or similar degree.
- 10 or more years of experience in Battery Management System hardware design, software, algorithm design or cell characterization data reduction.
- Knowledge of cloud computing of Cell Data and wireless communication.
- Deep knowledge of automotive electronics hardware, software and systems requirements, functional objectives and validation methods and tools.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of electrical and /or electromechanical systems.
- Demonstrated experience with automotive specifications for electromechanical systems.
- Proven communication and business relation skills.
- Excellent communication and business relation skills.
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite, Jira, Confluence and other company preferred platforms.
- Deliver Results
- Understand the mission and output of your team; set SMART objectives and deliver
- Drive Change
- Focus on agility and commitment to continuous improvement; Understand and act on internal and external drivers of change
- Build Capability
- Foster a culture of learning and development; Support individual growth through continuous feedback to achieve personal and professional goals
- Cultivate Innovation
- Openly embrace, create, implement and support new and innovative ideas, processes and technology that deliver business results
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
All positions in our office require interaction with people and technology while either standing or sitting. In order to best service our customers, internal and external, all associates must be able to communicate face-to-face and on the phone with or without reasonable accommodation. Gentherm is committed to compliance with its obligations under all applicable state and federal laws prohibiting employment discrimination. In keeping with this commitment, it attempts to reasonably accommodate applicants and employees in accordance with the requirements of the disability discrimination laws. It also invites individuals with disabilities to participate in a good faith, interactive process to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made without imposing an undue hardship.
Gentherm is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.