Application Engineer - XRay Projects
Step out of your comfort zone, excel and redefine the limits of what is possible. That's just what our employees are doing every single day - in order to set the pace through our innovations and enable outstanding achievements. After all, behind every successful company are many great fascinating people.
We are looking for people who are keen to try something new:
- Partner with customers to provide excellent service and meet the customer needs
- Ability to setup and run all lab measurement equipment.
- Complete feasibility study for proposed customer application, including on-site visits
- Design and configure bar coding system
- Deliver inspection reports per the job request.
- Monitor each systems performance for accuracy/repeatability issues.
- Peer review job results with colleagues.
- Works safely - especially as it relates to radiation safety.
- Job and system requirement review with Site Manager prior to job start.
- Lead system installation on-site at customer facility, typically 2 weeks.
- Post installation on-site customer support, typically 2-3 weeks.
- A four-year degree in Engineering, Math or Physics, MS in Optical Engineering a plus. Alternatively, 5 years of experience in the CT Metrology industry.
- Calypso Software experience is a plus.
- Ability to read engineering drawings for dimensional control requirements.
- Desired - Experience in Xray/CT, Image Processing, Volume Graphics software, Photogrammetry a plus. Ability to operate all types of Zeiss measuring machines including programming using Zeiss application software; setup and staging of parts; accuracy and repeatability verification; etc.
- Strong computer skills and affinity for computer aided data analysis products.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills with the ability to learn independently to find solutions to potential customer's problems.
- Good verbal and written communication skills with an ability to create concise technical reports.
- Ability to serve in a customer facing role - reason and negotiate sometimes complex problems with customers.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and eagerness to be a part of a high-performance, fast growing segment of Carl Zeiss Industrial Metrology, LLC.
In a spacious modern setting full of opportunities for further development, ZEISS employees work in a place where expert knowledge and team spirit reign supreme. All of this is supported by a special ownership structure and the long-term goal of the Carl Zeiss Foundation: to bring science and society into the future together.
Join us today. Inspire people tomorrow.
Diversity is a part of ZEISS. We look forward to receiving your application regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation or identity.
Apply now! It takes less than 10 minutes.