Responsible for allocating orders, releasing work to warehouse floor, balancing workflow, and ensuring inbound and outbound truck turn times are within acceptable levels.
* Resolve order product shortages
* Manage order cuts and communicate to customers
* Release work to the work queue in a manner that ensures maximum levels of interleaving, productivity, and carrier turn times
* Prioritize individual Lift Truck Operator (LTO) tasks along with Dock Supervisors
* Ensure dock office is utilizing inbound and outbound dock optimization functionality for each receipt and order
* Run labor reports and review with Dock Supervisors and Office Manager
* Review/update base priorities weekly to reduce manual priority changes in the work queue
* Review/update LTO home work zone assignments along with Operations Manager
* Review/Update product code velocity zone assignments along with Operations Manager
* Review/update optimal static and dynamic pick locations along with Operations Manager
* Actively participate in continuous improvement projects and safety programs
* Continually evaluate effectiveness of systems and recommend changes where appropriate
* Troubleshoot and correct systems problems
* Train all levels of users on relevant systems
* May resolve product order shortages
* May manage order cuts and communicate to customers
* Follow attendance policy, show up for work on time and ready to work assigned shift
* Other duties as requested
Qualifications & Experience:
* High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred, or at least one year related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to work in fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
* Good customer service skills
* Proficiency with basic PC software and Americold systems
* Ability to communicate effectively with variety of individuals
* Ability to pay close attention to detail.
* Strong communication skills.
* Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with co-workers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor.
* Knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
* Desktop computers.
* Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
* Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
* Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
* Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
* May require travel by automobile and airplane up for business
* May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
* May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
* Requires the use of various electronic tools
* Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
* Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.