Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Four Seasons Environmental, Inc. - Kenton County Detention Center, Covington, Kentucky 41017
Certification: Kentucky Journeyman HVAC Mechanic License (Preferred)
Pay: Pay will range from $26.00/hr. to $30.00/hr. based on HVAC technical training, HVAC service experience and Kentucky Journeyman HVAC License.
Hours: 6:30 am to 3:00 pm
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Benefit
- Disability Insurance
- Holidays and Vacation
- The Heating, Ventilation, and Air-Conditioning Mechanic installs, services and repairs environmental-control systems in residences, department stores, office buildings, and other commercial establishments, utilizing knowledge of refrigeration theory, pipefitting and structural layout, mounts compressor and condenser units on platform or floor, using hand tools, following blueprints or engineering specifications, fabricates, assembles and installs ductwork and chassis parts, using portable metalworking tools and welding equipment, and installs evaporator unit in chassis or in air-duct system, using hand tools. This mechanic also cuts and bends tubing to correct length and shape, using cutting and bending equipment and tools, cuts and threads pipe, using machine threading or hand-threading equipment, joins tubing or pipes to various refrigerating units by means of sleeves, couplings or unions, and solders joints, using torch, forming complete circuit for refrigerant, installs expansion and discharge valves in circuit. This worker connects motors, compressors, temperature controls, humidity controls, and circulating ventilation fans to control panels and connects control panels to power source; installs air and water filters in completed installation, injects small amount of refrigerant into compressor to test systems and adds Freon gas to build up prescribed operating pressure. This mechanic observes pressure and vacuum gauges and adjusts controls to insure proper operation, tests joints and connections for gas leaks, using gauges or soap-and-water solution, wraps pipes in insulation batting and secures them in place with cement or wire bands, replaces defective breaker controls, thermostats, switches, fuses and electrical wiring to repair installed units, may install, repair and service air conditioners, ranging from fifteen to twenty tons cooling capacity in warehouses and small factory buildings.
Abilities/Skills/Knowledge Required by the Position
- Utilizing knowledge of refrigeration theory, pipefitting and structural layout.
- Familiar with DDC control systems.
- This job will also require familiarity in general maintenance, light plumbing, and light electrical work.
- Reports to Project Manager
, is a 350-associate facilities management firm. Founded in 1985 and headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio, FSE offers a very stable work environment. Our goal of 30 years remains the same: satisfy the customer and continuously improve. If you are looking for a nurturing company that puts the customer and the employee first, then please submit your resume for consideration.
- All resumes will be kept in strict confidence
- We are an institutional, commercial, full-facility operation and maintenance contractor and equal opportunity employer: including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities
In a corporate culture of positive reinforcement, we will produce excellence by continuously finding better ways to serve our client as we would wish to be served.
In a nurturing corporate climate where families are valued and continuous improvement is a way of life, we will treat our customer and our fellow employees as we would wish to be treated so that we will continue to be our customer's contractor of choice.
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- No relocation assistance is available
- Minimum age requirement is 18 years old
- Must be able to pass pre-employment and random drug and alcohol testing, background and reference checks