is the Law Poster Supplement
EEO es la Ley cartel
Suplemento del documento EEO es la Ley
WI Contract Compliance Law
Colorado Anti-Discrimination Laws (English and
Employee Polygraph Protection Action
E-Verify Participation Poster
Right to Work Poster
Start Over with Job Search
Returning Applicant? Login Now
|FT/PT Status:||Prevention Services
Explore our careers page to learn more about the benefits we offer! https://viventhealth.org/get-involved/careers/
Check out our Youtube channel to learn more about Vivent Health! https://youtu.be/5bu5M6m-GhI
Videos to explore!
1) The Basics - HIV Prevention and Testing - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc6SpQDuNa8
2) How is HIV Transmitted? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8BwYFlTAGY
3) HIV: Fight Back with HIV Treatment - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhioUIYmv9Q&feature=youtu.be
4) HIV: Let's Reset What We Know - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd_7I6M07k0&feature=youtu.be
5) HIV: The Goal of Undetectable - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ1bIphjxbw&t=17s
The Prevention Specialist is responsible for providing anonymous and confidential counseling and testing with high-risk individuals for HIV, Hepatitis C (HCV), syphilis and other sexually transmitted infections (STI), where applicable. In addition, this position will provide prevention education services, needle exchange and outreach to individuals engaging in high-risk behaviors such as men who have sex with men (MSM) and people who inject drugs (PWID).
This Prevention Specialist position is responsible for providing the full array of Prevention Services.
Vivent Health is one of the nation's largest providers of HIV prevention, care and treatment services with a budget approaching $150 million and employing over 450 professionals.
The unique, nationally recognized Vivent Health HIV Medical home model of care assures that everyone with HIV has access to medical, dental, mental health and social services and provides the best opportunity for patients to achieve high quality health outcomes. Vivent Health also provides aggressive HIV prevention services to gay men, injection drug users and others at the highest risk for HIV infection.
Vivent Health currently operates in multiple states nationwide. It embraces a Market Culture to increase access to care, enhance quality outcomes, achieve and surpass financial performance expectations and has an aggressive plan to expand into additional states.
This position focuses on PWID.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Conduct confidential and anonymous HIV, HCV, syphilis and STI testing (where applicable) counseling, testing and referral (CTR), in accordance with state guidelines, with individuals engaging in high-risk behaviors.
- Establish and implement CTR sites targeting MSM and PWID.
- Record all contacts and activities in Service Point within 72 hours.
- Complete and submit all testing information in accordance with state policy (e.g., completion of appropriate testing forms, entering tests into web-based reporting system).
- Distribute approved education materials, safer sex materials and safer injection supplies to persons engaging in high-risk behaviors.
- Conduct one-on-one educational sessions and assessments with clients, to include referrals for internal and external services (e.g., pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), treatment, housing, employment).
- Perform regular outreach to bars, barber shops, treatment and recovery centers, and other venues frequented by MSM and PWID to distribute condoms and educational materials, provide educational programming, provide CTR, and engage in conversations about HIV and other health-related topics.
- Actively plan and participate in community events, such as Pride Fest, that offer the ability to provide effective prevention outreach to MSM and PWID.
- Provide PrEP referrals to Vivent Health PrEP Navigator and/or clinic.
- Provide service delivery statistics on a monthly basis and develop public and private grant reports as required.
- Network with Prevention Specialists located in other Vivent Health offices, other community-based organizations and providers to develop effective prevention strategies targeted to MSM and PWID.
- Attend all meetings and trainings as assigned by Prevention Supervisor and/or Vivent Health leadership.
- Serve as a member of Vievnt Health staff offering an array of services (e.g., CTR, condom distribution, needle exchange, assisting case management clients, providing food pantry services) in one or many locations (e.g., another Vivent Health location, satellite site).
- Participate in daily activities and functions that help maintain overall Vivent Health operations, as well as Prevention Services.
- Regularly report to the Prevention Supervisor on all activities through biweekly personal management interviews (PMI).
- Implement special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
An understanding and requirement that as a Prevention Specialist, you serve as one member of Vivent Health staff offering an array of services in one or many locations and that you will need to provide services (e.g. in another Vivent Health location, at a satellite site) at times and/or participate in daily activities and functions that help maintain overall Vivent Health operations, as well as Prevention Services.
- Valid Wisconsin driver's license.
- Has an insurable driving record.
- Access to a reliable insured vehicle.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to type along with a working knowledge of the following software/systems: word processing, spreadsheet, Windows Operating System, internet.
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends.
- Understanding of and sensitivity to HIV/AIDS, PrEP, and alcohol and other drug (AODA) issues.
- Demonstrated cultural competency including the ability to communicate effectively and work cooperatively with individuals from diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- An Influenza vaccine is required of all new employees at the time of employment, and is required thereafter on an annual basis.
- A tuberculin/TB skin test is required of all new employees at the time of employment, and may be required thereafter on an annual basis, depending on position.
- Knowledge and/or past experience working with HIV/AIDS, PrEP, and alcohol and other drug (AODA) issues.
- Past experience presenting to small and/or large groups. Understanding of and sensitivity to HIV/AIDS, PrEP, and alcohol and other drug (AODA) issues.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and a strong comfort level in discussing issues of sexuality, orientation, gender and sex.
- Ability to complete work assignments with minimal supervision, thoroughness and efficiency.
- Dependability and punctuality.
|*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions*
**Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer* *
Vivent Health is an equal opportunity employer and will recruit, hire, promote and transfer qualified persons into all job classifications regardless of race, gender, religion, skin color, national origin or ancestry, physical disability (including pregnancy) or mental disability, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, legally protected medical condition, family care status, marital status, veteran status, genetic characteristics or any other characteristic protected by federal or state law. Vivent Health complies with other expanded protected classifications that may be mandated by specific county or municipal regulations. As a recipient of federal funding, Vivent Health will not hire nor enter into a contractual relationship with any party that is debarred, suspended, or excluded from federal assistance programs.
|*Public Student Loan Forgiveness*
Employment at our organization may qualify you for federal student loan forgiveness programs. We do not directly pay for - nor forgive - federal student loans; however our status as a not-for-profit organization under Section 501 (c) (3), makes us an eligible employer. There may be other determining factors for one to qualify.
Please follow this URL to review one such program and their requirements: