What is the opportunity?
Provide an assessment of business and financial risks for individual borrowers in assigned relationships in order to establish borrower risk ratings as well as evaluate the proposed strategy for the relationship and provide comprehensive transactional analysis and approval recommendations within an overall portfolio management process ensuring an appropriate balance between risk and return.
What will you do?
- At an early stage, work closely with the business on the risk aspects of new transactions under consideration and provide direction and guidance as required to ensure the eventual deal structure adequately mitigates key risk concerns.
- Review Single Name Strategies and Credit Requests within agreed timelines, evaluate the risks and highlights exceptions to applicable policies and guidelines and recommends appropriate course of action to GRM executives
- Review borrower risk assessments in a timely manner to identify and evaluate the major risks and adjudicate the appropriate Risk Rating to meet regulatory and business requirements.
- Prepare peer group comparisons from both a business and a financial perspective in support of the risk rating recommendation
- Develop complex financial models (including income, balance sheet and cash flow statements, breakeven analysis and multivariable sensitivity testing)
- Actively follow business and financial performance through continuous monitoring of financial and industry information, regulatory events, external rating agency movements and other early warning signals
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of the Classification/Watch Report
- Supporting senior staff as required, mentoring junior staff if applicable.
- Ensure a continuous improvement culture with particular focus on reducing non value added processes
What do you need to succeed?
- Undergraduate degree, MBA or CFA or CA/CMA is highly preferable
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience including experience working in risk or corporate banking function of a major financial institution.
- Background in Leveraged/Non-Investment Grade lending preferred. An understanding of credit agreements would be beneficial.
- Demonstrated financial modelling and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Proven ability to write clearly and concisely
- Computer literate with high comfort level in use of word processing (Word), spreadsheet (Excel), and database software (various) and in using electronic tools for online research
- Global mindset
- Knowledge of CME (Communication, Media and Entertainment), Healthcare (Services and Med-Tech) or Aerospace and Defense sectorsa plus
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign upand get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at .
City:New York City
Address:200 Vesey Street
Career Level:Experienced Hire/Professional
Required Travel (%):0-25
Platform:Group Risk Management
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally-protected factors.