Construction Project Manager, Hydrogen Systems
Status: Exempt (salaried)
The Construction Project Manager, Hydrogen Systems is responsible for facilitating Plug Power's GenFuel offering to customers. With a focus specializing in Plug Power's hydrogen refueling infrastructure, this position will work with the internal Plug Power project team, the industrial gas companies, permitting agencies, contractors, suppliers and the end-customer to ensure a smooth transition during hydrogen fuel cell deployments. The ideal candidate should possess a background in construction project management and must be willing to travel as required to deployment locations; up to 100% of the time.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of Plug Power products and related hydrogen infrastructure system designs and functionality.
- Work as subject matter expert to manage all facets of hydrogen system installations at customer sites.
- Coordinate the activities of all parties involved with hydrogen system deployments including: industrial gas companies, permitting agencies, contractors, and all others as needed.
- Collaborate with internal project teams as necessary for hydrogen deployments.
- Help to manage project schedules and resolve problems as necessary to deliver on end-customer expectations.
- Read and interpret Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), identifying missing components and working with suppliers and contractors to deliver a finalized product to the customer.
- Assist with hydrogen system demonstrations and with training of users as needed.
- Provide expertise to assist in the development of project schedules and budgetary parameters.
- Communicate regularly with internal project team members and end-customers in order to clarify project expectations and meet commitments.
- Represent Plug Power in a professional manner at all times and in all interactions.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- BS degree in engineering: mechanical, electrical or other applicable field of study.
- A minimum of three (3) years working experience in project-based engineering functions and construction project management.
- PMP certification highly preferred.
- Ability to travel frequently in the domestic U.S. to customer sites for infrastructure project management activities; up to 100% of the time.
- Mechanical systems expertise and troubleshooting ability.
- Proven track record in project management; delivering quality results on-time and on budget.
- Experience in any of the following spheres of activity is preferred and highly valued:
- Hydrogen and/or fuel cells
- Cryogenic Industry
- High Pressure Systems (250 Bar and up)
- Gas processing and/or dispensing equipment
- Oil and Gas, CNG, LNG, etc...
- Logistics/Material Handling
- Computer and software systems skills as applicable to position including but not limited to: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Dynamic interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with diverse audiences and stakeholders.
- Uncompromising dedication to quality.
- Demonstrated analytical abilities with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task effectively.
- Ability to role model high standards of professionalism.
- Excellent follow-through.
- Must be driven and self-motivated.
Plug Power, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
"Plug Power Inc. prides itself on being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. Neither the Company, nor any of its representatives, will discriminate against an applicant for employment or an employee because of race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, transgender status, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, predisposition or carrier status, marital or familial status, domestic violence victim status, military or veteran status, known relationship or association with any member of a protected class, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. "