Job Requisition ID:16758
About the Role
Using strong leadership skills and strategic thinking, this role mentors and guides team members in developing and delivering high quality digital-first solutions that solve specific market problems shared by teachers and students. The person in this role is a self-starter willing to make tough decisions with some guidance. This person develops relationships and works in close partnership with their leadership counterparts across the organization to provide expertise and guidance, increase collaboration, and improve multi-directional transfer of knowledge. This role also oversees business-related matters, including negotiating and managing partnerships with external organizations and individuals, ensuring projects stay within budget, and managing corporate communications.
- Implementation of new planning and development practice around mapping learning outcomes to drive integrated development
- Develop connected teaching system to prioritization of platform/metadata/digital content work and partner integrations across various product and teams to ensure content is connected.
- End-to-end digital experience, which includes decisions around digital componentry, instructional design/navigation, assessment strategy, metadata, and reports/recommendations
- Takes responsibility to seek out opportunities for deepening own knowledge and expertise in market environment, pedagogical and content issues, and process improvements.
- Leads and directly manages team's development, performance, and engagement initiatives through coaching and training to ensure employees are setup for success.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferred areas of study Education, Math, English-Language Arts, or Instructional Design
- Minimum 5 years of educational Industry experience
- Subject-matter experience in K-12 Math and English-Language Arts pedagogy
- Instructional design expertise; digital development and delivery
Nice to Have
- Experience in Agile Product Development, digital CMS, and data analysis/interpretation
- Teaching experience/experience working in a K-12 (primary or secondary) education setting a strong asset
- Passionate about creating engaging and effective (fun!) learning products
- Deep knowledge of curriculum standards and criteria for evaluating instructional materials from various states, large school districts, and national organizations
- Experience in developing content with DEI focus.
- Comfortable working in a variety of digital authoring tools and content-management systems
How We Work (Competencies)
- Instills Trust
- Values Differences
- Nimble Learning
- Cultivates Innovation
- Connects with Courage
- Action Oriented
- Might be in a stationary position for a considerable time(sitting and/or standing).
- The person in this position needs to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Must be able to collaborate with colleagues via face to face, conference calls, and online meetings.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt (NASDAQ:HMHC) is a global learning company dedicated to changing people's lives by fostering passionate, curious learners. As a leading provider of pre-K-12 education content, services, and cutting-edge technology solutions across a variety of media, HMH enables learning in a changing landscape. HMH is uniquely positioned to create engaging and effective educational content and experiences from early childhood to beyond the classroom. HMH serves more than 50 million students in over 150 countries worldwide, while its award-winning children's books, novels, non-fiction, and reference titles are enjoyed by readers throughout the world.
For more information, visit http://careers.hmhco.com
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.