The broad DesignWare IP portfolio includes logic libraries, embedded memories, embedded test, analog IP, interface IP, security IP, embedded processors, and subsystems. To accelerate prototyping, software development and integration of IP into SoCs, Synopsys' IP Accelerated initiative offers IP Prototyping Kits and IP subsystems. Our extensive investment in IP quality, comprehensive technical support and robust IP development methodology enables designers to reduce integration risk and accelerate time-to-market. At Synopsys, you will have the opportunity to find the perfect blend of our exceptional EDA presence and our broad IP portfolio.
Our Solution IP group is ramping up high-performance computing (HPC) demand, therefore we are looking for an enthusiastic applicant to join our team. As an Analog Circuit Design Engineer, you will be working with an immensely creative team to architect, develop, prototype, maintain, document and improve analog & mixed signal circuits.
- Review SerDes standards and architecture documents to develop analog sub-block specifications.
- Identify and refine circuit implementations to achieve optimal power, area and performance targets.
- Propose design and verification strategies that efficiently use simulator features to ensure highest quality design.
- Oversee physical layout to minimize the effect of parasitic, device stress, and process variation.
- Collaborate with digital RTL engineers on the development of calibration, adaptation and control algorithms for analog circuits.
- Present simulation data for peer and customer review.
- Mentor and Review the progress of junior engineers.
- Document design features and test plans.
- Consult on the electrical characterization of your circuit within the SerDes IP product.
- PhD with 5+ years, or MSc with 8+ years of SerDes/High-Speed analog design experience.
- In-depth familiarity with transistor level circuit design - sound CMOS design fundamentals.
- Silicon-proven experience implementing circuits for the TX, RX and Clock paths within a SerDes
- Detailed design experience with several of the following SerDes sub-circuits:
receiver equalizers, data samplers, voltage/current-mode drivers, serializers, de-serializers, voltage-controlled oscillator, phase interpolator, delay-locked loop, phase-locked loop, bandgap reference, ADC, DAC
- Experience optimizing FinFET CMOS layout to minimize the effect of parasitic resistance and capacitance, and to reduce the effects of local device mismatch and proximity effects.
- Awareness of ESD issues (i.e. circuit techniques, layout). and design for reliability (i.e. electro-migration, IR, aging, etc.).
- Experience with EDA tools for schematic entry, physical layout, and design verification.
- Understanding of SPICE simulators and simulation methods.
- Knowledgeable in Verilog-A for analog behavioral modeling and simulation-control/data-capture.
- Experience with TCL, Perl, C, Python, MATLAB.
Our Silicon IP business is all about integrating more capabilities into an SoC-faster. We offer the world's broadest portfolio of silicon IP-predesigned blocks of logic, memory, interfaces, analog, security, and embedded processors. All to help customers integrate more capabilities. Meet unique performance, power, and size requirements of their target applications. And get differentiated products to market quickly with reduced risk.
At Synopsys, we're at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we're poweringit all with the world's most advanced technologies for chip design and software security. If you share our passion for innovation, we want to meet you.
Inclusion and Diversity are important to us. Synopsys considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military veteran status, or disability.