SiriusXM and Pandora have joined together to create the leading audio entertainment company in the U.S. Together, we are uniquely positioned to lead a new era of audio entertainment by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio experiences to millions of listeners -- in the car, at home and on the go. Our talent, content, technology and innovation continue to be at the forefront, and we want you to be a part of it! Check out our current openings below and at .
The Staff Software Engineer will be responsible for the design, development, and support of the API Layer for SXM streaming enterprise system. She/he will report directly to the Director, Software Development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Extensive knowledge of Java-based front-end and back-end web development technologies and concepts.
- Strong design and implementation skills pertaining to web applications, enterprise system design and rich media applications.
- Work closely with the Tech Lead and Senior Systems Architect to ensure that strategic objectives are met with the proposed architectural solutions for business needs.
- Code all core services and applications in various Java technologies (mentioned in the
- Technical Skills) following industry standards.
- Participate in technical design and architecture and serve in the capacity of Tech Lead.
- Document all technical design, code, build and release procedures.
- Robust understanding of Object Oriented Programming concepts and design
- Work directly with Development, QA and IT Ops on all phases of SDLC.
- Knowledge of industry-standard application architectures, design patterns and technology
- standards and best practices
- Experience in designing and developing highly scalable, highly available and maintainable
- internet applications
- Good understanding of cloud based applications and application deployment
- Ability to learn and stay up to date on new technologies and trends
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and reliably deliver work of the highest standards on time
- Handle 3rd tier support, where business consultation and development maybe required
- BS, Computer Science
- 8+ years of experience with full Java application development life cycle
- Strong design and implementation skills pertaining to web applications, database design and rich media applications
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
Note: This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any related tasks, as may be required by their supervisor.
- Extensive knowledge with application development using core Java, Spring framework, Scala.
- Working experience of multi-threading, currency and design patterns with impacts on large scale application performance, resiliency and scalability.
- Good working knowledge of web services, RESTful interfaces, XML
- Excellent skills working with XML schemata and documents, validation, parsing, and marshalling
- Extensive knowledge with cloud computing platforms, like Amazon Web Services or Azure
- Extensive experience with Linux and Tomcat servers
- Experience working with NoSQL DB.
- Experience with maven, Github, and issue tracking tools (JIRA a plus)
- Experience building 'deployment pipelines' using tools like Jenkins or TeamCity
- Akamai Live Streaming, CDN, and EdgeComputing platforms experience preferred
More details about our company benefits can be found at the following link #benefits
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice.