Mechanics Bank is currently searching for a Risk Governance Manager - ORM based at our Roseville office. This role could also be based at our Walnut Creek Corporate Headquarters or our Irvine office. This role manages key aspects of the risk governance structure of the Operational Risk Management (ORM) department, and as needed, supports other Risk departments in establishing and maintaining governance processes. This position communicates and partners with C-level Executives, Sr. Leadership, and other internal stakeholders including Legal, Compliance, Finance, Internal Audit, and Business Units. This role will seek consensus to establish effective risk governance frameworks and processes as well as associated risk reporting processes for the enterprise.
What you will do:
- Enhancing the risk control environment by strengthening controls, policies, standards, procedures, and process mapping to assist in expanding and fortifying Operational Risk Management as an element of the overall Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) program.
- Developing and maintaining internal control frameworks for key programs within Operational Risk Management.
- Drafting core governance documents including policies and procedures for submission to the appropriate governance bodies.
- Reviewing and evaluating the effectiveness of the existing risk policies, prioritization, and methodologies including framework, checklists, and process diagrams.
- Act as a liaison with Internal Audit regarding processes within ORM.
- Serve on corporate governance committees/forums/working groups on behalf of the Operational Risk Management function.
- Developing and executing strategic risk-related program initiatives/projects that assess, monitor and manage current and emerging risks of an operational nature and therefore in-scope for the Operational Risk Management unit.
- Assist with drafting periodic reporting and the Bank's annual Risk Appetite Statement, regarding Operational Risk Management themes and coverage areas.
- Overseeing the development, implementation, and administration of operational risk control standardization.
- Monitoring the risk and control environment for operational weaknesses, identifying solutions to improving effectiveness and efficiency, and addressing gaps in processes which include timely escalation and reporting of identified risks and/or issues.
- Communicating any new regulatory guidance and/or changes to management and, as appropriate, assist with the implementation of all new risk governance policies and procedures.
- Promoting a risk-aware culture; ensuring efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and practices.
- Perform deep dives on teams or processes within the U.S. operating environment.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 12+ years' experience in Risk Management, Compliance, Audit and/or Business Administration.
- Experience in a highly regulated environment, preferably an understanding of the financial services industry.
- 8+ years' experience leading complex projects/programs and managing multiple aspects of a program that simultaneously includes making critical project recommendations and decisions across business lines with minimal direct supervision.
- Familiarity with the model risk management process and related documentation.
- Strong background and knowledge of internal controls management including development of internal control frameworks and control records management.
- Demonstrated ability to bring clarity to ambiguous assignments.
- Highly disciplined, self-motivated, and delivery-focused individual who is able to work independently or part of a team.
- Strong communication, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Advanced skills using project management and analysis software, such as Excel, MS Project, Visio, and SharePoint, etc.
- Mechanics Bank is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, or on the basis of disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or other bases prohibited by applicable law.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCPhere.
- To learn more about Mechanics Bank's California privacy and security policies, including your right to a Notice At Collection as a California Resident, please visit