Abiomed is a pioneer and global leader in healthcare technology and innovation, with a mission ofRecovering Hearts & Saving Lives. With corporate headquarters in Danvers, Massachusetts, offices in Aachen & Berlin, Germany and Tokyo, Japan, Abiomed's 1,700 employees form one of the fastest growing medical device companies in the world. We attract and retain exceptional talent with our collaborative culture, passion for our work, and a strong commitment to employee professional development.
Patients First | Innovation | Winning Culture | Heart Recovery
The Clinical Project Manager reports to the Associate Director, Clinical Programs and is responsible for managing the operational activities of an assigned Abiomed Clinical Study. Plan, develop and follow systems and procedures to ensure optimum compliance in accordance with GCP/ICH guidelines and FDA regulations. Ensure operating quality and efficiency. The Clinical Project Manager works closely with Clinical Research Associates, Clinical Program Manager, Medical Affairs and Regulatory Departments to execute the trial She/he may need to engage and work closely with CROs and Vendors that execute the study operations, the Core Labs and DSMBs/CECs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for comprehensive study management for clinical study, for example protocol and database development, site management project planning,
- Chair core team meetings for assigned studies ensuring goals and deliverables are clearly defined, and issues, decisions, risks and actions are appropriately tracked
- Responsible for project development & performance tracking and risk management
- Maintain compliance to company standard operating procedures (SOPs) and applicable regulations
- Oversee and contribute to development of key study documents including, but not limited to study protocols, protocol amendments, study plans and procedure manuals, project tools, informed consent forms and clinical study reports,
- Accountable to conduct clinical research programs in accordance within approved project plan, compliance to company standard operating procedures and applicable regulations.
- Analyze and develop action plans for investigational sites, vendor and administrative issues Support the planning of Investigator and Research Coordinator Meetings
- Provide Quality Assurance support and management level representation during audits and inspections.
- Direct experience successfully conducting 510K and IDE studies to align with business objectives; experience in Class III cardiovascular devices preferred
- BS degree in Science, Engineering, or related medical/scientific field; MS or graduate degree preferred
- Minimum of three years' of Clinical Project Manager experience in clinical research with at least two years in the medical device industry in a leadership role
- Expertise with GCP and regulatory compliance guidelines for clinical trials required Experience with site and sponsor level FDA BIMO investigation(s) preferred Polished communication and presentation style
- High attention to details and accuracy; Excellent prioritization, organizational skills and advanced, metric-driven project management skills Certified Clinical Research Professional (CCRP) and/or Project Management Professional (PMP) preferred
- Positive, self-starter, willing to work in an extremely fast-paced environment looking for growth and making a difference in patient lives Excellent interpersonal communication skills; Works effectively on cross-functional teams
- ~35% travel to Sites, Vendors and Conference
Abiomed is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Abiomed will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.