Abiomed is a pioneer and global leader in healthcare technology and innovation, with a mission ofRecovering Hearts & Saving Lives. With corporate headquarters in Danvers, Massachusetts, offices in Aachen & Berlin, Germany and Tokyo, Japan, Abiomed's 1,700 employees form one of the fastest growing medical device companies in the world. We attract and retain exceptional talent with our collaborative culture, passion for our work, and a strong commitment to employee professional development.
Patients First | Innovation | Winning Culture | Heart Recovery
We are currently hiring for a Sr. Software Engineer who has experience in digital signal processing and algorithm development. The candidate is responsible for designing, simulating, and implementing performance enhancing signal processing algorithms used in ABIOMED's family of products.
We are looking for a motivated and energetic self-starter, someone who has a 'make it happen' attitude, and whocan thrive in a fast-paced, cutting edge environment.
- Conversion of user needs and design inputs into software specification.
- Design, development and test algorithms per medical device software development life cycle (IEC-62304)
- Participate in software risk analysis and mitigation.
- Collaborate with cross functional team members, including clinicians, data scientists in further refinement and development of advanced algorithms.
- Prepare and maintain programs and documentation for analytic models
- Conduct defined quantitative and qualitative research projects independently and communicates research results to stakeholders.
- M.S. in computer science, math, or an engineering field or equivalent work experience; Ph.D. preferred.
- Experience of writing memory and run-time efficient code in C/C++ on an embedded platform (micro-controller, microprocessor, etc.).
- 5-8years of professional experience in ANY of the following:
- Time-domain and frequency domain biomedical signal processing algorithms development.
- Advanced signal processing techniques such as multi-rate signal processing, adaptive filtering, decimation, interpolation etc.
- Sensor fusion, Parameter estimation, and tracking algorithms
- Knowledge of modeling and analyzing large data sets using Python/R/MATLAB or equivalent tools.
- Familiarity with standard data algorithms and machine learning techniques.
- Experience in the medical device industry strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of cardiovascular physiology would be a big PLUS.
- Willing to travel 5% of the time to meet with customers to assess product performance in the field and gather user needs.
- Highly collaborative with excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated and willing to learn and explore new technologies.
- Independent, efficient, and able to manage competing priorities.
Abiomed is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce. Abiomed will not discriminate against any worker or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy, gender reassignment, non-job related mental or physical disability, genetic information, veteran status, military service, application for military service, or membership in any other category protected under law.