How would you like to join a growing global organization headquartered right here in the USA?
Seeking an experienced Surface Finishing Operator to bring skills and knowledge to propel us into our 2nd century of operation!
Approaching 100 years in business this family owned local success story has grown to three sites and over 400 employees. Superior Die Set is looking for energetic talent to help drive our Lean journey into our second century. We invite you to apply today to see how you can grow with us.
POSITION TITLE: Surface Finishing Operator
REPORTS TO: Production Supervisor
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Sets up, adjusts and operates a rotary wheel Blanchard grinder to grind flat or irregular surfaces to close tolerances and to impart required finish. Work on other machines and equipment as needed. Cross train in different areas.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1) Sets up, adjusts and operates a rotary wheel Blanchard grinder to grind flat or irregular surfaces to close tolerances and to impart required finish.
2) Plans operating procedures on rotary wheel machine; select, change and dress wheels for flat grinding. Use magnetic table and chucks or clamps to position and secure workpiece on table of machine using care to support irregular work properly to avoid distortion, or arrange and properly secure multiple-piece set ups; selects and sets speeds; makes operating adjustments to calibrate machine adjusting devices to obtain tolerances and finish requirements.
3) Works from part drawings, specifications and grinding instructions.
4) Uses scale, micrometers and indicators to make setups, adjustments, and to check work.
5) Proceeds with minimum supervision and direction on the more standardized work, receiving instructions and guidance on new or special work; work is subject to process and final inspection and check.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Requires knowledge of machining fundamentals and basic operating skills, shop arithmetic, print reading and measuring procedures, which may be acquired through two years or vocational or high school education supplemented by a short term on-the-job training period. Six to twelve months of applied machine shop experience.
100% standing; requires mobility to be able to stand, walk, change position, lift, move and position average to heavy materials (50 lbs.); able to read blueprints and precision measuring equipment and utilize good manual dexterity for performing various job assignments; good judgment in interpreting quality standards and operating techniques.
Superior Die Set offers a competitive wage package which also includes: health/dental/vision insurance, Health Savings Account with company contributions, STD, LTD and 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and vacation, robust tuition reimbursement.
Headquartered in Wisconsin, our almost 500 world-wide employees are committed to the success of our customers, industry and local communities.
At Superior Die Set we pride ourselves on our quality, flexibility and stability. We are looking for talented individuals to join our team who will help move us forward into our second century of producing right here in Wisconsin. If having a tangible impact on the success of the business is important to you, come work for us!
Founded in 1923, we are a manufacturer of die sets, mold bases, pins/bushings, three platen presses, cut-and-ground machined plate, fabrications and forging products. Superior Die Set has multiple manufacturing facilities, warehouses and distribution centers with the capability to serve a global market.