Primary Location: 6205 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA, US
Division: Cox Enterprises
Job Level: Director/Senior Director
Shift: Day Job
Requisition Number: 213233
The Director of Quality Assurance will be responsible for providing strategic leadership and helping leaders define the overall quality framework. This role will lead theQuality Assurance Center of Practice and is accountable for quality for divisional initiatives across the enterprise. Reporting into the Sr. Director of IT OCM, Comms and Quality, this role is responsible for leading and developing the best practices, standards and templates that will enable the successful delivery of systems and solutions. This position is accountable for test automation, performance test execution and selection of testing tools. This position will collaborate on the hiring of QA Analysts that sit in the Delivery Teams and participate in their performance review process.
This role will be expected to collaborate with Delivery teams, Infrastructure, Data Analytics, Team Member Experience, and Information Security to foster a team-based approach to produce high quality deliverables and solutions. In addition, this position will have responsibility for organizing and leading enterprise-wide quality assurance community of practice. This person must navigate technical, cultural or organization barriers and work in partnership with delivery, architecture, and infrastructure to foster a healthy organization.
* Directs the development and execution of the quality assurance strategy
* Apply creativity and problem-solving techniques to implement critical quality assurance strategies and process
* Serve as a role model in the areas of quality, teamwork, customer focus, continuous improvement to ensure alignment with the business objectives
* Implement testing standards and practices and automation that lead to "built in" quality while maintaining speed to market.
* Oversee quality assurance methodologies, and metrics collection
* Manage software testing tools, licenses and vendor relationships
* Maintain high quality of deliverables
* Maintains focus on customer results
* Monitor and validate efforts for adherence to quality assurance standards
* Ensure automated testing tools are administered and share with delivery teams
* Manage test lab equipment, software licenses and point of escalation for QA environments
* Work with all levels of management and build working relationships with others across the organization
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems
* Mastery of Software Development Life Cycle
* Knowledge of formal Systems Project Management techniques
* Knowledge of general accepted Systems Quality Assurance methods
* 10+ years' experience leading a QA practice
* Ability to work collaboratively across the organization, building effective relationships
* Strong Communication skills, delivers clear, concise, and influential messages, both verbally and in writing
Who We Are
We are the Cox family of businesses. We've been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions - Cox Communications and Cox Automotive - are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We're also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We're looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you'll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.