Spacesaver has a great opportunity for you as a Sales Development Representativefor our Business Development department! Do you enjoy talking to people and creating lasting connections? Do you want the flexibility to work remotely or from our office in Fort Atkinson, WI? Then this is the perfect fit for you!
As a Sales Development rep, you will shape buying demand for Spacesaver products through our distribution partners. You will develop qualified prospects through varying communication channels and leverage current sales technologies to cultivate prospects, all while working for a team that works hard and plays hard!
- Nurture early-stage sales opportunities uncovered by Business Development Coordinators. Perform consistent follow-up and communicate project progression to distribution partners
- Partner with Area Contractors to develop a customized approach to increasing their opportunity pipeline
- Develop strategic early-stage marketing initiatives to increase pipeline leads and opportunities
- Build rapport quickly, within minutes of a phone call or the subject line of an email
- Contribute to every component of the critical functions associated with fulfilling the sales cycle. This includes but is not limited to forecasting, reporting, customer database maintenance, data entry, correspondence and communications
- Interact with prospects and offer high-level guidance and information based on their current location within the buying cycle. This includes leveraging internal resources and collateral to meet customers' needs
- Works in parallel with field sales representative to ensure ongoing follow up of sales opportunities to progress them through the sales cycle
- Conduct outbound calling/emailing in order to uncover opportunities and speak with decision makers via phone and email
- Set up qualified appointments with the outside sales team
- Maintain daily record of activity (calls, emails, conversations) in Salesforce.com, and create clear notes keep the account up-to-date
- Participate in monthly conference calls with distribution leadership team to review monthly metrics and develop collaborative strategic efforts
- Learn and demonstrate a fundamental understanding of Spacesaver's products, markets and applications to clearly provide prospective customers insight into solutions
- Complete the required task quota of the day (60+ tasks)
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience (1+ years in inside sales or B2B related sales)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook, Project, Visio, Access, MapPoint and Internet. Ability to create and maintain databases and complex spreadsheets and create regional analyses, using a mapping program
- Proficiency in using a CRM System (Salesforce.com) and ability to identify and extract relevant data and create usable business reports
- Strong reasoning abilities, sound judgment, strong listening skills, resourcefulness, and follow through skills. Highly analytical with excellent attention to detail, and accuracy
- Strong understanding of business processes. Experience with roll-out and training plans is a plus
- Good organizational and time management skills, as well as, have the ability to meet deadlines with appropriate attention to detail in a fast paced, highly dynamic environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate with small and large groups
- Strong customer focus. Demonstrate the ability to build relationships internally and externally to the organization with a focus on meeting or exceeding service and product expectations
- Proven self-starter (entrepreneurial) who can work independently and work on multiple projects at once with the ability to handle interruptions
- Strong self directed, cold prospecting, research and persuasion skills
- Engaging and enthusiastic personality
- Self-starter that is driven and goal-oriented
**Flexibility to work remotely or from our office.
Spacesaver is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.