The Grand Rapids, MI office of Modjeski and Masters is looking for a Bridge Engineer with at least 10 years of design experience.
Education and License Requirements:
- A minimum of a BSCE from an ABET accredited college or university;
- Michigan PE license is preferred or eligible to take the exam and
- Lead Design experience with MDOT bridge projects.
- Lead and coordinate structural design efforts on multiple, concurrent projects;
- Assist the Project Manager in managing the work of engineers and technicians assigned to the project;
- Assist the Project Manager in project planning, development of design approaches, and monitoring project schedule and budget hours;
- Perform quality control of deliverables before they are reviewed by the Project Manager
- Mentor and train less experienced staff and
- Be involved in marketing or presenting to clients.
- Extensive knowledge of technical skills of bridge analysis, design, rehabilitation, detailing and plan production;
- Knowledge of MDOT QA/QC policies and procedures;
- Knowledge of OpenBridge Modeler and Microstations;
- Effective leadership, communication and people skills;
- Problem-identification and creative problem-solving skills;
- Good report writing and oral presentation skills and
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and other project managers.