We are looking to hire a Collections Specialist to join our Finance team! You will support the regions day-to-day AR collections process through the monitoring of AR aging and Collections System. Following Firm collections policies and procedures takes action to recover delinquent accounts by initiating collections calls. Prepares reports reflecting status of collection activity an d recommends resolution for disputed issues with clients.
- Transactional collection processing duties may include but are not limited to:
- Initiate collection calls for customers and ensure that they are maintained at a high volume and in compliance with the company's collections policies and procedures, and a positive customer service experience is received.
- Document detailed notes into the collections tracking system, coordinate follow up calls, resend invoices, and research any client account discrepancies.
- Set up payment terms up to $25,000.
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of all customer correspondence including collection letters.
- Work independently with Relationship Leads and Clients regarding payment arrangements, collections, skip tracing and client issues.
- Submit write off Requests with appropriate approvals
- Credit research, initiate client refunds and credit applications
- Submit requests to AR Team for sending accounts to collections
- Processing of credit card payments
- Reporting & Analysis duties may include but are not limited to:
- Analyze and recommend resolution for disputed issues with clients and subsequently set up payment terms and administer stop work program (when in place).
- Perform quick account analysis and initiate difficult account analysis to the AR Team
- Initiate Neg bill requests as needed to RL/Biller
- Build and maintain relationships with Relationship Leads and Finance Management for additional assistance with more complex collection situations.
- Associate's degree or equivalent experience - Required
- 3 years relevant experience - Required
- Ability to communicate both verbally and written with diverse audiences -
- Active listening skills are extremely important - Required
- Ability to remain calm and professional in difficult situations- Required
- Negotiating skills- Required
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.