Paul Hastings is a leading international law firm that provides innovative legal solutions to many of the world's top financial institutions and Fortune Global 500 companies. With offices across the U.S. and the world, we have the global reach and extensive capabilities to provide personalized service wherever our clients' needs take us.
We have an immediate opening in our Corporate department for an experienced, motivated and resourceful Paralegal/Senior Paralegal in our New York office.
The Paralegal/Senior Paralegalapplies Corporate knowledge of law and legal procedures to provide high-level assistance to lawyers.
In this capacity, the Paralegal/Senior Paralegalwill:
- Under the supervision of an attorney, coordinate, organize, prepare and interpret complex legal documents; Build and maintain relevant databases and files; File and provide copies to relevant parties;
- Communicate with clients and build and maintain positive relationships with client legal and finance staff;
- Perform factual research in internal and external databases and libraries;
- Assist with legal business transactions and logistics;
- Partner and coordinate with internal resources and outside vendor services; Direct work and train team members;
- Perform work in an efficient and cost-effective manner so as to permit the Firm to reasonably collect fees for such work; Meet expectations of billable hours target of 1,725 (unless otherwise specified);
- Work overtime as required; Travel as required; and
- Handle additional related projects as assigned.
We are seeking candidates with the following skills and qualifications:
- At least 5 years of Paralegal experience (preferred);
- At least 3 years of relevant Corporate experience (preferred);
- ABA-approved Paralegal Certificate (preferred); Bachelor's Degree (preferred);
- Familiarity with corporate formation in DE (NY is a plus), including corporations and LLCs;
- Experience with venture capital financings;
- Stock and cap table management, including building cap tables in Excel and managing Carta or Shareworks cap tables;
- Preparation of Board and Board Committee minutes and written consents;
- Transaction closings, as well as preparing closing certificates;
- Preparation and filing Form Ds, in addition to state securities filings.
- Proficiency in MS Outlook and web-based conference call/web-sharing applications;
- Proficiency in MS Word and document editing/comparison applications; MS Excel and spreadsheet/database applications; MS PowerPoint and presentation applications;
- Proficiency in online research and internet search resources (Lexis Nexis/Westlaw);
- Knowledge of Firm and Corporate practice-area-specific procedures and terminology (preferred);
- Knowledge of relevant jurisdictional/court/agency processes and procedures;
- Knowledge of timekeeping and expense reporting applications; and
- Knowledge of legal billing processes.
All paralegals must comply with continuing education requirements pursuant to the requirements of their jurisdiction.
Paul Hastings LLP is an equal employment and affirmative action employer F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.