Position:Sales Inventory Operations Planning Manager
Position Overview: Reporting to the Director of Continuous Process Improvement, the Sales, Inventory & Operations Planning (SIOP) Manager will serve Columbus McKinnon as the key connection point that links and synthesizes activities of several business units and functions to include: sales, manufacturing, procurement, finance and the executive team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop the processes, tools, and lead the implementation of a robust SIOP and demand process across the enterprise.
- Work with sales and business development teams to gather assumptions and data pertaining to forecast changes, proposals, trends, and events.
- Drive and execute regular Sales, Inventory & Operations Planning activities amongst the sales, manufacturing, procurement, finance, and the executive team consisting of, but not limited to: consensus demand planning, manufacturing capacity, and network optimization, and inventory optimization.
- Facilitate the development of the regular SIOP plan through monthly meetings/interactions with functional business leaders.
- Design financial reconciliation process.
- Create and lead communication of monthly SIOP plans to corporate executives.
- Develop KPIs and drive ongoing monitoring and improvement in alignment with target results.
- Manage special projects aimed at alleviating demand/supply imbalances and improving the overall "order to cash" efficiency of the business unit.
- Drive best practices and SIOP standardization across all Columbus McKinnon business units.
- Own and manage the risks associated with the volatility of both demand and supply. Key responsibilities include managing the resources that perform Production Planning/Master Scheduling, and Fulfillment Planning activities to deliver service, cost, and cash objectives.
- Identify losses across the Value Stream, develop plans to mitigate them, and then ensure execution of those plans.
- Manage the team by placing value on discipline in the execution of standard work, a bias for action in the delivery of KPIs, and cross-functional collaboration.
- Create an environment of continuous improvement with emphasis placed on building a culture of personal ownership.
- Global ownership of supply planning and production scheduling process for selected product groups and manufacturing plants globally in collaboration with sales, marketing, operations, sourcing, and controlling.
- Monitor, measure, and act to improve the planning process, forecast accuracy, and inventory turnovers.
- Lead the production/supply planning process in co-operation with plant schedulers.
- Coordinate with product management and co-ownership of the demand planning process.
- Drive continuous improvements by optimizing our supply plans to generate more value for the organization.
- Maximize customer service levels while optimizing levels of inventory.
- Advocate for users of planning tools, help to keep planning process maps up-to-date, and play an active role in improving planning processes, systems and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, Competencies, and Abilities:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual will need the ability to manipulate and summarize large quantities of data.
- The ability to solve complex problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists is a core part of this role.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a highly matrixed SIOP and planning environment, across several business platforms.
- Ability to work across and within several ERP platforms, including data extraction, organization and analysis.
- Experience with the development, implementation, and execution of SIOP processes & standard work.
- Experience with forecasting, scheduling, and SIOP ownership in Low Volume/High Mix (LVHM) and Engineered To Order (ETO) environments
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and outside of the United States up to 25% of the time.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field, Materials Management, or Supply Chain
- 7+ years experience in Procurement or Strategic Sourcing
- Prior experience selecting and implementing a SIOP platform
About Columbus McKinnon:
We design and make material handling products and solutions, but the most important part of our business is our people. We have been a hard-working company for over 140 years - proud of our heritage, where we come from, and where we're going. As Columbus McKinnon grows, so does our need for driven and inspired employees. We are publicly traded and expanding globally - to new markets, geographies, and distribution channels. Join our winning team!
Columbus McKinnon Corporation promotes a diverse and inclusive workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, or any other Federal or State legally-protected classes. We also value the safety of all associates and work hard to maintain a Drug-Free Workplace.