Hours: 40 hours/week, Monday-Friday, daytime.
Pay Rate: $18.50/hour.
Community Support Network is a Madison non profit organization that supports adults with developmental delays so they are able to enjoy dignified and fulfilling lives. All of our clients have some level of cognitive delay, and they often have other issues we assist them with, which may include mental health, behavioral and/or medical, personal care, and physical concerns.
Join our amazing and diverse team and bring your skills and passion to a job you will love! Make our community better while earning $18.50/hour. We make a difference in our community, by bringing people together.
Hours are 7:30 am - 3:45 pm Monday through Friday.You may be required to stay until 4:30 pm on Mondays for our weekly team meeting. This is a 40 hour/week job. Overtime is sometimes available but never required!
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Leading skill building activities with clients (individuals or groups)
- Facilitating client social interactions with each other and other community members
- Encouraging exercise and movement in our gym
- Maintaining client safety
- Providing supervision during mealtime and/or assisting with eating when necessary
- Administering medications
- Assisting with grooming and other personal cares, for instance
- In the restroom (helping with transfers, changing depends, using hoyer lifts, catheters, ostomy bags)
- Brushing teeth and hair
- Range of motion exercises
- Communicating clearly with team members and filling out reports
- Working closely and interchangeably with your peers
- Following care protocol created for each client by their guardian and team
- Supporting clients at their jobs (when they are able/as the COVID situation improves)
- Available to start work at 7:30am
- Maintain a personal cell phone for use during work hours
- Able to lift 50 lbs and do deep knee bends (often at the same time) independently
- We screen for criminal background
- Preferred: current Wisconsin Driver's License, driving insurance, and ability to be insured by our insurer
We provide paid training and we value our employees. We have a very generous and robust benefit package and believe in a positive work/life balance. We also value promoting staff from within.
- Great work/life balance:
- No evenings or weekends
- No required overtime
- 11 paid holidays
- Generous paid time off
- Health and Dental Insurance is available for a low premium (and they are available for spouses, domestic partners and eligible dependents)
- Retirement Plan
- Free Short and Long Term Disability
- Free Life Insurance
- Free snacks and beverages
- Free wellness room equipped with massage chair and other relaxation/rejuvenation equipment
- Room for growth/career track position
- We also have part time (25 hours/week) positions. Ask us if you are interested in learning more!
We provide a very high level of COVID-19 safety precautions for employees, our clients and all those we come in contact with in our community. We have adequate PPE resources for all of our employees.
Visit our website to learn more about who we are: www.visitcsn.org
To apply, please send your resume via this ad.
We value diversity and are an AA/EO employer