Location: Chicago, DC, Texas, other
RSMis looking for a dynamic Business Development Director to join our growing team of Security & Privacy practitioners to identify, target and develop client and prospect relationships across the US and Canada. The Business Development Director will be responsible for driving growth of the firm's SPR professional services nationally, all with a focus spanning our suite of cybersecurity capabilities within our Security & Privacy Risk (SPR) Consulting Practice with an initial focus on key industries/sectors such as, Financial Services, Government Contracting, Industrials, TMT (Technology, Media and Telecom) and Consumer Products industries.
The Business Development Director is responsible for leading all aspects of the sales process, including systematic prospect targeting, develop of strategic accounts list, client development relationship plans, development of opportunity-specific sales strategy, and selection of pursuit teams and assisting with "quarterbacking" the entire sales process. This individual will build and maintain account centric strong sales pipelines and forecasts associated to substantiated opportunities, prepare and facilitate presentations/proposals as well as close sales and finalize engagement letters and states of works with our clients and prospects. The Business Development Director will work closely with various risk consulting capability leaders, with specific focus collaborating with the Security & Privacy practitioners across the governance, technical security and cyber transformation teams in co-leading growth efforts through direct prospecting, networking, attendance and participation with various industry and professional groups and networking associations. Additionally, the Business Development Director will work with the national SPR growth champions to identify, develop, nurture and target key strategic accounts across the country.
The individual in this position will have all the necessary resources to be set up for success for this career opportunity that provides a competitive base salary along with a lucrative, uncapped incentive compensation plan. We are looking for a candidate that has a proven record of accomplishment in selling professional services.
- Sourcing and qualifying opportunities with companies currently not served by the firm.
- Responsible for executing the sales plan and process, including coordination of all necessary internal and external resources to best position the firmto secure the business.
- Actively work networking contacts, professional affiliations, industry groups and related Centers of Influence.
- Work with industry team leaders to effectively and efficiently identify and target key companies within the industry teams they support.
- Support Partners, Principals, and Directors in cross-selling additional services to existing clients where appropriate.
- Work closely with local and national marketing resources to develop effective, targeted go-to-market plans for the industry teams they support.
- Work closely with National Sales Organization management to provide ongoing, current feedback relative to market opportunities.
- Identify and develop a diverse supply chain from which we create and manage strategic partnerships
- Risk Consulting services include: internal audit, IT audit, IT security and privacy [e.g. IT security testing, Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance, digital forensics and incident response, HIPAA compliance assessments, Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions (FACTA) compliance, Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) compliance assessments, security architecture and implementation], Sarbanes-Oxley advisory, contract compliance, Governance, Risk and Compliance, Enterprise Risk Management, regulatory compliance, financial institution internal audit, service organization control assurance, Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagements (SSAE)
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience with demonstrated success in selling professional services to corporations with revenues ranging from $20 million to over $1 billion.
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience representing cybersecurity risk management services, either in the Financial Services, Government Contracting, Industrials, TMT (Technology, Media and Telecom) and Consumer Products industries
- Demonstrated experience leading complex sales processes that involve multiple team members and multiple decision makers including but not limited to the Chief Information Officer, Chief Information Security Officer, Chief Privacy Officer, General Counsel and Chief Financial Officer
- Demonstrated experience working with, and contacts within the middle market, broadly defined as companies with revenues of $20 million to $1 billion.
- Demonstrated network of COI's (Centers of Influence) to include banking, legal and other professional services relationships that could be leveraged to identify opportunities within assigned industry groups.
- Demonstrated expertise to drive a complex, sale cycle from identification through the close of deals.
- Ability to actively participate in the proposal, engagement letter and Statement of Work creation process.
- Experience leveraging a CRM tool for report generation and sales tracking.
- Prior experience leveraging social media technologies for networking purposes.
- Prior experience assisting with the development and execution of digital marketing campaigns
- Excellent influence and negotiation skills; strong executive presence and business acumen.
- Must be motivated and self-disciplined; must possess strong time management skills.
- Travel is required (local and overnight when appropriate).
- Active network of cybersecurity, risk management and business contacts focused on IT / cyber risk management
- Demonstrated community involvement and activity with industry associations, diverse professional organizations, and civic and/or non-profit groups in the risk management sector.
- Exhibit exceptionally strong communication, presentation, analytical and organizational skills.
- Experience working for Big Four or other national firms a significant plus.
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.