Bliffert Lumber is looking to hire an experienced Inside/Counter Salesperson to its growing staff at our Morgan yard. If you are hardworking, positive and dedicated, Bliffert Lumber is an ideal place to display your talents.
2128 W. Morgan Ave
Milwaukee, WI 53221
Bliffert Lumber is a family owned and operated company serving Wisconsin for over 100 years. We offer competitive wages and benefits.
- Competitive wages
- Paid vacation
- Paid Holidays
- 401(k), Safe Harbor, and Profit Sharing
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Primary Objectives of the Inside/Counter Sales Associate
- Provide sales and customer service support to both retail and contractor customers utilizing knowledge of sales techniques and company product and service knowledge. Assist customers with product selection by determining customer requirements and expectations in order to recommend specific products and services.
Primary Responsibilities of the Inside/Counter Sales Associate
- Take orders at the sales counter and over the phone
- Build relationships with customers
- Ability to use company computer system to enter orders
- Complete sales orders and tender cash sales
- Develop product knowledge to assist customers with purchases
- Checking in/out delivery and company drivers
- General administrative work, such as creating and processing inventory transfers and purchase orders
- Collaborate with Outside Sales Reps and Sales Managers to determine necessary strategic sales approaches
- Overcome objections of prospective customers
- Emphasize product/service features and benefits, quote prices, discuss credit terms, and prepare sales order forms and/or reports
- Responsible for following and enforcing all safety rules and policies as outlined by and communicated by Bliffert Lumber management
- Act as our store’s representative and provides exceptional customer service
- Reports injuries immediately to Manager
Requirements of the Inside/Counter Sales Associate
- Reports to the location manager
- Lifting/carrying light product
- Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs. as needed
- Might require occasional local travel of Southeastern Wisconsin
The ideal candidate will have building materials knowledge and is motivated to learn more.
As a family-friendly, service-orientated business, Bliffert Lumber offers competitive wages, full health insurance with dental coverage, profit sharing and company 401K/Roth program.