This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives- where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Position: Plastics Supply Handler
Shift: 3rd shift (11pm-7am)
There are three positions for Plastics Supply Handler described below. All Handlers are to be trained on all positions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Loads vinyl roll stock onto carts and stages behind designated Kiefels.
* Supplies department with Kiefel tubing.
* Completes required documentation and labeling. Maintains Ante Room per GMP requirements.
* Supplies materials for Subassembly and Extrusion machines. Moves finished goods to staging areas.
* Removes scrap and performs housekeeping duties as required. Operates worksaver and reach truck.
* Operates grinder and blender.
* Inspects ground trim for foreign material.
* Releases trim and transports to warehouse, performs documentation and cleans area. Provides belt material and tote pan liners to the area. Supports Safety, 6S, GMP, and TPM efforts in the area and reports any of these or quality issues to Supervision as needed.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications for this role
* Higschool Diploma or GED
* Must be able to read, write and perform basic mathematics calculations.
* Must conform to the North Cove dress code and safety procedures for this area.
* Uses safety knife, scissors, utility knife and snap gauge.
* Assembles and disassembles boxes.
* Operates worksaver, hand trucks and forklift.
* Physical requirements include lifting and carrying 26-50 lbs., an average of 3 ft., approximately 18 times per shift.
* In addition, lifting over 75 lbs. approximately 160 times per shift.
* Job involves manipulating rolls of vinyl into a vertical position so that they can be lifted with a hoist.
* Frequent or continuous lifting or moving, occasionally in difficult work positions, with walking, pulling, stretching, bending, pushing and /or reaching effort required.
* Manual dexterity and visual acuity required.
* Good eye/hand/foot coordination could be necessary as well.
* Must use various hand tools. Overtime as required.
Other Duties Assigned
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Overtime is worked as required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.