CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for a Project Architect based in our Houston office. Take a look at the description below. If you think your skills and experience make you a good match for this position, we'd love to hear from you. We're looking for creative, curious, empathetic people to join our Living-Centered Design movement.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
CannonDesign is an integrated design solutions firm focused on helping people continuously flourish. Whether designing for innovations in health, new scientific discoveries, equity in education or the next big idea in business, we use our Living-Centered Design approach to help organizations realize widespread change. Our ability to design transformational places, plans and strategies is why Fast Company named us a World Changing Company and one of the most innovative design firms in the world.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will perform in a Project Architect role and will be responsible for leading the development of all technical aspects and content of projects, coordinating work with all disciplines to ensure an integrated set of deliverables, and verifying compliance through team collaboration.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Leads project team through all design phases from Conceptual Design through Construction Administration.
- Responsible for ensuring that statutory requirements and project design concepts are achieved.
- Ensure all design deliverables meet internal and external project requirements and are delivered on time, budget, and within scope.
- Continuously checks on project documentation and compliance with client requirements as outlined in contract.
- Proactively identifies, communicates, mitigates, and resolves project-related issues.
- Communicate client objectives to team members in a clear and compelling way.
- Comprehension of and compliance with QA/QC standards.
- Coordinate team and provide leadership of team activities.
- Coordination of engineering systems with engineers and consultants.
- Maintain communications with the Owner and Consultants on project status, design intent, concerns, and questions.
- Communicate with other disciplines to ensure coordination of project documents.
- Take a leadership role in team meetings.
- Follow CannonDesign drawing standards.
- Participate in marketing campaigns pursuits assisting in the development of marketing proposals and participating in interview teams as requested by leadership.
- Act as a mentor to staff.
- Be available to travel for projects up to 50% of the work week if required.
- May perform other duties as required.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor of Architecture from an accredited program required. Master of Architecture from an accredited program preferred.
- Architectural Registration required.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience working on mid to large-scale projects required, with experience working on healthcare projects specifically core and shell is preferred.
- Experience with Joint Commission Accreditation of Healthcare Organization [JCAHO] standards, AIA Healthcare guidelines, Life Safety Codes preferred.
- Strong presentation, client engagement, team building, organizational and communication skills are essential.
- Proficiency in REVIT, Sketch up, Rhino, InDesign, Photoshop, Bluebeam Studio, and other graphics/design applications a plus.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us - and focused on the future of design. We advocate for equity, diversity, and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our DEI Council, Employee Resource Groups and other community advocacy initiatives.
- We're about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we're ready for you.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.