What you will do:
In accordance with US GAAP and Company Policies & Procedures, review various financial reports and disclosures for shareholders, Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and other governmental agencies and departments, and investment analysts. Provide technical accounting support to the Business Units and Corporate executive management by researching technical accounting matters and providing guidance on the proper accounting treatment of unique transactions.
How you will do it:
- Define and establish worldwide accounting policies and procedures for US GAAP standards and assist with implementation.
- Provide accurate and consistent US GAAP and reporting technical advice to the finance organization.
- Ensure the company is in compliance with US GAAP consolidation rules for existing subsidiaries and new acquisitions.
- Ensure the company properly accounts for IFRS is their consolidated financial statements and reporting packages.
- Ensure timely research and accurate implementation of new US GAAP/IFRS standards and SEC rules and regulations.
- Identify and assess the impact of current reporting trends and proposed US GAAP standards, IFRS convergence and SEC rules.
- Assist and advise on the timely and accurate documentation of significant and non-routine accounting transactions and events, including drafting and/or reviewing accounting memos.
- Provide accurate and consistent US GAAP and SEC reporting technical advice to the finance organization.
- Perform special projects that identify and analyze specific problem areas and make recommendations for corrective actions.
- Review monthly, quarterly and annual reporting of financial information prepared by the reporting team.
- Review responsibility over all reports filed with the SEC and executive management.
- Reconcile worldwide derivative balances on a monthly basis and perform review of annual hedge documentation prepared by Treasury (including new commodity hedge contracts).
What we look for:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Minimum of seven years relevant experience, with focus on processes.
- CPA certification required with US GAAP reporting.
- Big 4 public accounting experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of US GAAP, IFRS and SEC reporting.
- Excellent oral and written communication, organizational and planning skills.
- Must also have a demonstrated ability to select, motivate, evaluate and develop personnel.
- Ability to meet firm deadlines.
- Computer competency with familiarity with a variety of application software. Experience with OneStream desirable.
Who we are
Clarios is a world leader in advanced energy storage solutions. We partner with our customers to meet increasing market demand for smarter applications, on a global scale. Our 16,000 employees develop, manufacture and distribute a portfolio of evolving battery technologies for virtually every type of vehicle. Technologies that deliver uniquely sustainable, next-generation performance, and bring reliability, safety and comfort to everyday lives. We add value at every link in the supply chain, contributing to the progress of the communities we serve and the planet we all share. Learn more about Clarios at www.clarios.com.
To all recruitment agencies: Clarios does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Clarios employees or any other company location. Clarios is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.
Clarios, LLC is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law, EEO is the Law (supplement), and Pay Transparency Non-discrimination. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please email Special.Accommodations@Clarios.com.
Clarios is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law.