RAZOR 94.7|104.7 is accepting applications for a full-time afternoon drive talent and Music Director. Applicants need at least 3 years of professional announcing experience and a passion for the rock music format. Knowledge of Adobe Audition and Audio Vault is a plus. The ability to relate to the millennial male both on-air and via social media is a must!
* To implement musical presentation for radio stations as assigned by Brand Manager, research, and/or consultant(s).
* To contribute and maintain a positive image for radio station, both in local market and within the industry and be example to staff.
* To schedule artist interviews for air staff.
* To secure music product for promotional purposes.
* To perform daily air shift, executing the programming format to the assigned strategy.
* To properly operate studio broadcast and production equipment and complete commercial production as assigned.
* Daily music scheduling.
* To maintain and upgrade music library.
* Specialty show scheduling/affidavits.
* On-air feature management/specialty weekends.
* Assist with budget planning.
* 2nd call in a crisis.
* To prepare and audition appropriate music choices for Manager's approval to add to station's playlist during weekly music meetings.
* Preparation of station playlist, (including the implementation of songs) to appropriate rotations with the Manager's approval.
* To contribute and maintain a positive station image via verbal and written communication with industry representatives including record companies, artist management, trade publications, and radio peers.
* To perform all regular announcing duties including regular airshift and timely completion of commercial production to a degree of quality that matches that of the radio station.
* To monitor in-market competition and out-of-market stations in the same format to seek out new ideas and give our brands the best competitive advantage.
* Other duties as assigned.
Behavior: Should be self-motivated, creative, observant, analytical. Trustworthy. Shows commitment and loyalty to radio brands and parent corporation. Enjoys people. Maintains proper dress and appearance. Displays leadership qualities. Valid driver's license and automobile insurance coverage required.
Skills: Good communication skills, both written and verbal. Ability to organize. Good listening skills. Ability to follow instructions.
Knowledge: High School education with specialized course and at least three years of broadcasting experience at a commercial radio station. Working knowledge of music scheduling software. Must possess a sincere appreciation and knowledge of format's music content.