|Senior Designer, Sustainable Landscape Design
As part of a project team, the Senior Designer provides creative input to project design, maintains the creative direction throughout all phases of a project, and collaborates on and supports business development and marketing efforts. The incumbent will work alongside landscape design consultants and will collaborate with our design teams to provide project expertise, creative solutions and sustainable accountability while also helping the firm win exciting new work.
**This role may be filled in any of EYP's offices, which includes Boston, MA **
- Independently provide the full range of landscape architectural services on projects across all EYP sectors
- Provide design solutions that help our clients meet their sustainability goals and missions, including but not limited to strategies for improving air, soil and water quality, conserve natural resources, and support zero emis*sion project goals
- Create and develop planning and design concepts for more complex projects
- Pursue work for the firm and be an active participant in client interviews across all sectors of work
- Prepare, coordinate, and complete site plans, working drawings, presentation drawings, renderings, and construction documents with great detailing
- Develop design ideas that challenge and push the architects to more innovative solutions
- Oversee design work of others to ensure an integrated and cohesive design
- Share a strong working knowledge of plants
- Evaluate, select, and approve materials and products
- Lead day to day construction administration activities including coordination with the clients, consultants, and sub-consultants to maintain project progress
- Think broadly about design solutions - how they fit into the larger context of place
- Significant contributor to creative process of project design
- Collaborate with Design Principal/Lead Designer and project team to advance project design
- Be a champion, within the project team, of the project design goals and design priorities
- Complete design deliverables / design work plan
- Use technology and methodologies to create innovative approaches to building design
- Consistently strive to improve technical quality of work product by keeping abreast of new technologies, changes in building codes, and advances in the industry
- Work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary environment to produce integrated project documents, and insure integrated design approaches & solutions
- Present design work using graphic, oral and other media both within the office and to clients, consultants and regulatory authorities
- Prepare design work for marketing and PR purposes
- Attend meetings and presentations with potential clients, as required
- Create material for and support Project Strategize organization and filing as required
- Be an advocate for design on projects and contribute to the design culture of the firm
- Prepare for and participate in Peer and Design Reviews
- Bachelor's degree in Landscape Architecture or related field
- 7 - 18 years, primarily in landscape architecture/design
- Master planning and campus planning experience preferred
- Professional license required
- LEED accreditation strongly preferred
- Additional accreditations
- Must be passionate about sustainability
- Ability to conceptualize, develop and implement design
- Recognition for design talent: have participated in projects that have won design recognition
- Strong graphic skills and computer graphic skills
- Strong knowledge of Revit, Enscape, SketchUp, Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator and Microsoft Office
- Must have demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a group and have an innate willingness to dig in and contribute with their team
- Must be driven, motivated and view innovation as critical and support others in creative thinking
- Naturally challenge yourself and others to grow
- Robust portfolio of design work that can be leveraged in the pursuit of new work particularly in the following sectors: Healthcare, Government, Higher Education, and Science + Technology
|Senior Designer, Sustainable Landscape Design
We're a people-first, integrated design firm specializing in higher education, government, healthcare, and science & technology. From planning, design, and engineering to IT, HR, and finance, we begin every project by asking:
Let's shake the box, stretch your dreams, unpack ideas, and envision design in the context of something bigger. Because:
We're Curious Too.
About you, where you're going, and what you imagine. Striving to create an environment of partnership and trust, we want to meet your needs and then go beyond what's expected. Let's push past the notion of impossible and ask:
What Can Design Do To *
Serve our Fellow Citizens?
Enhance Campus Culture?
Provide Better Patient Care?
Support Research and Development?
Help you Thrive, Inspire and Connect?
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Male, Female, Disabled, Veterans