Current employees and contingent workers click here to apply and search by the Job Posting Title. iHeartMedia Stations
Job Summary: iHeartMedia in Minneapolis is seeking a dynamic personality to entertain the Twin Cities in morning drive as a co-host on the Dave Ryan Show. This personality should understand how to engage and entertain our target listener, be a master content creator on air and online and have a keen understanding of activating our fans using Social Media (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, et al). Strong work ethic, creativity, imagination, and exercise of independent professional judgment is a must. Were looking for a star that sparkles one-on-one with listeners and our partners.
- Exemplary preparation for an air shift with use of creativity, imagination and exercise of independent professional judgment in writing, producing, interviewing, taping or broadcasting of on-air material.
- Follow designated show format.
- Personality must be upbeat, informative and entertaining and be able to relate to station audience.
- Must be current with relevant daily material that is appropriate for the given station.
- Go on client calls as needed.
- Work an approved and previously agreed upon air shift.
- Maintain a website personality page with active participation related to station on social media sites.
- Participate in regular listening/aircheck sessions for critique with the Program Director.
- Participate in required station Programming, Promotions, and Sales staff meetings and events.
- Make regular approved appearances at paid, and non-paid, station events.
- Execute only Program Director approved interviews and events on air during the regularly assigned shift.
- Air all songs, commercials, promos and liners as scheduled.
- Assist with the voice over and production of paid, and non paid, spots required to run on the station.
- Be an ambassador for the radio station when out in public.
- Maintain a positive and approachable attitude when around listeners and clients.
- Interviews guests, moderates debates, converses with callers, and hosts live events.
- Adheres to all guidelines, policies and procedures of the station, iHeatMedia, the FCC and all other federal, state and local laws, including policies and procedures regarding indecency and obscenity.
- Executes only the interviews and events on air that are approved by Program Director
- Researches and gains knowledge of subject matter that facilitates speaking extemporaneously and providing immediate non-scripted analysis/commentary.
- Finalizes content using digital audio editing software.
- Prepares written content, visual images, audio material and video footage for websites, blogs, or other social media platforms.
- Checks studio equipment for proper functioning and notifies Engineering of technical malfunctions affecting quality of the broadcast.
- Handles emergency inserts (e.g. news updates and breaking stories, emergencies, alert system tests, etc.); is on call for possible disasters, breaking news, or acts of nature.
- Knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations.
- Must have advanced knowledge of NexGen Digital studio.
- Valid drivers license.
- Drive to events/remotes and other special occasions as needed.
- Ability to be flexible and work under short deadlines.
- Ability to perform as On-Air Announcer.
- Please upload a demo MP3 along with your resume.
2+ years of on-air radio experience required
Audio demo of on-air interviews, commentary, announcements, etc.
4-year college degree, preferably in Communications or Broadcast Journalism
Location Minneapolis, MN: 1600 Utica Avenue South, Suite 500, 55416
Position Type Regular
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Our organization participates in E-Verify. Click
Current employees and contingent workers click to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.